Spending 60K or more

ToddF

• Baller_
Haha, that reminds me, I pulled my 87 Supra Comp with a 4 cylinder stick shift compact Mitsubishi pickup. Now THAT was an unhappy tug...especially at the ramp. My priorities have not changed. The boat is worth more the driveway vehicles combined..

• Baller

Already did !!! CC200 Team Edition 6L with Custom Tandem Trailer that has 12 delivery miles on it and sits on blocks in storage...Wife said, now that you have retired, pick out your "LAST NEW BOAT"....... So I did !!!

PS: You married Guys know exactly what I'm talking about.

• Baller
I tell myself that there is no way I would spend that on a boat, but as I keep looking I realize that what I really want is going to cost that much. Hard to think about spending 60K on a toy when I think about what we paid for our house 16 years ago.

• Baller
In my world garages are for toys. Cars sit outside all year round. A car is a transportation thing. A truck gets my boat in the water and my snowmobiles to the mountain. I take care of them, but I want to spend the least I can on them, so there is plenty of toy money left. This is my philosophy!

• Baller
I would not spend 60k for a car which is a depreciating asset, especially in northeast OH and PA. It will just get eaten up by the salt in the winter. Even two sided galvanized steel is not safe in Ohio. If you see a loaded salt truck and the salt has a blue tint to it, that is the stuff they add to melt the snow in colder weather. That stuff also eats your car. My last car had a hole in the rocker panel below the right rear passenger door which was 9 inches long and six inches wide. It had 150,000 miles on it. I start with the base model and add only the features I want. The only luxury feature that I prefer to have is leather seats. Chrome wheels corrode and leak. I will never get them again. I refuse to have a car payment higher than $300 per month. If I bought I new boat I would spend the money to get something good that will last. At 60k for a boat it would be the last one I ever buy. I would still get the base model and add only the features to make it a total high performance water skiing machine. No bling..

• Baller

@Toddf my garaged vehicles I consider practical toys as well. 8 doors, 2 trailer hitches, both AWD, 889 hp combined, CPO warranties, and the pair were bought low miles for 1/3rd original MSRP.

The more powerful of the two is 507 hp...what are you driving with 662hp??? My former vehicle was a Dinan M5 that would hit 191...not bad for a 4 door sedan! While I never saw that number personally...I bought that one for $22K in 2008 and sold it earlier this year...that car was an exceptional performance bargain...though the rear tire tax was high :)