Looking for a place to slalom in Naples, Fl.

willski1990

• Baller
There isn't anything down there. About 6 years ago when I didn't know any better I set up a "lesson" with a guy who advertized water ski and wakeboard lessons. Although I was very specific as to what I wanted/needed when I showed up it was clear that he was not a skier and it was all about wake boarding. You are going to have to make the drive to Miami or up north to Orlando area. Lucky Lowes place was about a 2.5 hour trip from Naples if I remember right.

• Baller_
Some of the guys in my ski club rented part of Ruth Ann's house for a year and I went to stay and ski with them last January. I didn't know she passed away and I'm not sure if they do. She built the lake and the development, I believe, and it turned out very well. I was just thinking today about how cool it would be to have a place there.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_
Some of the guys in my ski club rented part of Ruth Ann's house for a year and I went to stay and ski with them last January. I didn't know she passed away and I'm not sure if they do. She built the lake and the development, I believe, and it turned out very well. I was just thinking today about how cool it would be to have a place there.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
Its a little less than 2 hrs from Naples to Chet Raley's place in Boca Raton. http://www.pbtcenter.com 90% of the drive is on the straightest, flattest highway you will ever see. HWY 75 is a straight shot across the state right there. If Chet looks full, just call Sherry. Usually she can work you in with cancellations. Great site and one of the best coaches ever.

• Baller

Eden Ski Lake near Ft. Myers is for real. Lucky Lowe and I did the installation of their SL course.

The place is still somewhat still under construction, but the on-water situation should be good.

Eventually it is going to be something like a 5-star ski academy, best as I can tell.