Reflex- carbon plate or aluminum?

bojans

@bojans I read a past post from Seth that he could not tell much of a difference, maybe he can chime in. I'm in the same situation as you and plan on switching from a double Strada setup to a Reflex / RTP. From a durability standpoint, I'm leaning towards the g-10.

What I noticed is the plates have slots instead of holes that are used to attach the plate to the ski. How do they keep the attached plate from accidentally moving around on the ski? Tighten the hell out of the screws????

• Baller

I think the carbon plates age better, especially at the points where the hardware is attached.

@countymountie‌, with a rubber sheet below, they do not move at all. Heve used one like that for years and zero movement with normal screw tightening.

• Baller
@bojans Reflex offers a third choice they call it "basic plate" it is basically a g10 3mm plate, it's more durable and cheaper than the so called carbon, it flexes better than the aluminium and it weights only few grams more than the carbon.

• Baller

I agree with Ral - but I use fender washers to spread the compression load of the screws.

I like the carbon plate better because it does not stay bent up like the aluminum plates. Therefore it puts more pressure into the horseshoe toe and into the heel.

I wish that reflex would copy the old Look Nevadas and thread the arms of the 505 or 404 so that one could easily fine tune that critical adjustment.

Count me as your first order if you decide to offer it.

• Baller
I assume the carbon plate sees the most wear in the area that the toe keys into the front hoop.? If that is the case could I put a layer of material, maybe the stuff they use for a clear bra on a car, as a sacrificial layer?

• Baller
I bought mine thru Seth and he tol me to buy the aluminum for the reason that Shane said, Seth told me he didn't notice a difference in performance and for the price difference...go with the aluminum. I'm going into my 4th season with it and no issues