Yes....that's a brand new Quest....

webbdawg99

• Baller
@BraceMaker You got it. PlastiDip is the name of the product. It creates a latex-like rubber coating after you spray several coats. It is easily removed and peels off in one huge sheet if you'd like. My 2013 Quest doesn't have a single scratch on it from bindings. Its a GREAT way to protect/preserve your ski!

• Baller

I'm still slightly confused why though... I mean, I've purchased 4 used ski's over the years and would have to say that the white water marks or faded graphics look far worse than a few minor scratches from the previous owners bindings...especially after I've put my bindings on.

Good to have pride in your stuff and it's cool you're willing to take care of them that much but I don't really see the benefit.

• Baller

@countymountie It simply provides a protective layer on the ski. However, because it creates a rubber-like coating.....the surface where its applied will be much less slick than the ski....almost "grippy".

@Waternut The same argument could be applied to ski socks and fin blocks.....

• Baller
I keep the protective binding sheet in my D3's, so I get zero scratches, and also non slick surface. But even that transparent layer protects enough to generate a clear fading line. And I try to keep my skis out of the sun as much as possible.