Running -39 This gives me hope

ozski

• Baller

@gator1‌, IMHO spending one full week with a coach is the way to go. Clinics are kind of hectic and sometimes it is difficult to get something concrete from them. We are lucky here, I get to ski with the Overall world champion and his coach more or less whenever I want...

Another comment: as hard as you can is not good. Nobody is neither efficient nor able to keep the form if more than 85-90% of your max (applies to most sports). This is why gym is good: 85% of a lot is much better than 100% of little...

• Baller_

@gator1 I would really love the chance to work with you sometime. The concept of using your center of mass to ski efficiently shouldn't seem so abstract and difficult to grasp. Realize that you already know how to use your COM efficiently....you do it when you walk. Its a much more subtle set of programmed moves, but similar nonetheless.

FYI, hard to tell a whole lot in the above pics....but one thing that is for sure in the recent pic, is that you are much lower to the ski. Compare the angle of your thigh to your lower leg in both pics.

-Older pic, legs are straighter.

-Straighter legs allow you to be more stacked over your feet.

-More stacked means more balanced = more ski in the water = more speed/more angle/less effort

Its a common misconception that you need to have a lower COM for things to work good. Its about the worst thing you could think of when you're on the water. If you try to get low, your butt will go back. Once your butt goes back, it doesn't matter how open your shoulders are, how even the tension is in your arms, or any of that other stuff. You're simply gonna be slow, feel twice as heavy, and take twice as long to get to the other side. And its gonna murder your body in the long run.

SOHOT: Shoulders over Hips over Toes

Its kinda that simple.

If you're looking for a warm place to ski this spring, its 85 and sunny every day here in Chico and my new ProStar is waiting for someone to test her out!

MB

• Baller
@MarcusBrown @gator1 I'd entertain going to ski with you all if it works out. That said, Marcus, if you ever end up in E WA while traveling we could try and hook up at Tate's place. It's max a couple hours away for us. I mean, if you could stand to be around Greg that it :)

• Baller
Good grief @gator1...why on earth would you listen to anything Uncle Butch or myself would have to say??? Let's not forget you are a VERY GOOD skier, and are still the only one to get into -39 behind my boat. But yes, some lessons from Marcus Brown, and I think you could take the next step indeed!