If you would like to webcast your tournament....

• Baller

Hey Ballers,

I'm working for a startup in Cleveland that has been doing live video streaming for about five years now. I plan on sending our new piece of hardware to Horton in about a month when it is complete for an "unboxing".

Anyway, we currently have a small piece of hardware that is basically plug and play. Simplicity at it's best. The hardware takes your HDMI or Composite Video and audio and encodes it and streams it to our servers. Plug in your camera feed and ethernet and it is done. 1080P. Viewers can select the quality they want.

We do the following:

1. Effortless Broacasting

2. Archiving for later viewing.

3. No advertising.

4. You can choose to sell tickets to your event or host it for free.

5. Embed into any web page with one line of code.

$75 gets the box and 100 viewer hours.

www.boxcast.com

message me if your interested. Would love to get some more skiing out their via webcast.

Tim

• Baller
I've done a few events and through out the day the number of viewers stays fairly consistent. Not sure if its the same viewers all day or not. I didn't have google analytics data. I have done events in the past using cdn services that charge by the viewer hour and the charges can get high fast.

• Baller_

@rico,

If the webcast box only has a wired Ethernet interface, you can convert it to wireless with this:

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Universal-Ethernet-Adapter-WNCE2001/dp/B003KPBRRW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398339159&sr=8-1&keywords=netgear+wifi+bridge

Simply use your home computer to configure this adapter to use your phone hotspot's wifi address/connection and then it will be ready to use in the field. You do have to supply power to it, but the N300 model also includes a USB adapter and can pull power using that from a battery-powered laptop or other USB interface on DVD players, etc. One of the plug-in DC power inverters I have for my truck has a USB connection in addition to the 110 volt AC outlet. Then, your camera is the only device to require power and that could also be supplied by a dual outlet plug-in inverter.

Bandwidth and 4G signal strength will be your issue after solving the connectivity and power challenges.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.