Its Almost May So How Are You Skiing?

ozski

• Baller
4th ski all in drysuit, first time in buoys, ran a bunch of stiff head/tailwind 28 off's. Felt good and was a lot of fun. See neurosurgeon again on Wed to make final surgical plans so trying to get in a little safe fun before losing most if not all of the season to recovery.

• Baller

Been hitting it up pretty good here at Aquaplex. pretty solidly in to 3x a week wind/weather permitting. yesterday made 4@26.7.. not to bad a start for mid-ish may. hope to be running the pass occasionally by end of month. I feel like I'm getting back in to the swing of things after a bad, as in "not good" winter! The hardest part is my mind.. the confidence is not there yet across the wakes. Oooh! my brain says "yes! its ski time!" but when I get to the wakes I still kinda puss out. First tournament is next weekend!

• Baller
Almost ran a second 38 of the season today...... gonna blame it on river current. 175,000 cubic feet per second of river flow today............ although our course is out of the main flow, it still get a little squirrel-ly..... I KNOW I OWN 35, have to take a personal loan to get more 38's and am almost ready to take out the mortgage on getting down the line in 39.5.............

• Baller
Well -- May 14 and just had my 4th day in the course, along with about 4 days of open water skiing. Most years I do about 2 weeks of open water, then hit the course and run for a week at 28 off, then 32 for a week, then start looking at 35s again. This year I don't have that luxury given the late start. Today ran two sets. First set 28, 28, and six 32s. Second set 32, 32, 35, 32, 35, and three more 32s to finish off the morning. All felt surprisingly good, although I need to get higher on the boat for the 35 turn in. Will probably hold off on looking at 38 until I have a dozen or so 35s under my belt. Probably puts me on target for next week.

• Baller

Shoulder still bothering me so still not skiing. I am a little depressed about it. Cortisone shot helped a little but not everywhere. It was beautiful over the weekend, Monday and today and all days would have been great to ski.

I am going to try to get the boat in as my son has been asking to ski.

Not skiing for awhile, had my rotator cuff fixed last week . @Dr says mid August:(

@Chef23‌ I had a cortisone shot over the winter, it helped if I didn't do anything.

I went back to playing hockey a knew something wasn't. (Slap shot)

Decided to get it over with and get it fixed. Now I'll get to see if my boys have been paying

attention when I put the lift and boat in......

• Baller
@TDET I have to admit you are not encouraging. I have a follow up on 6/2. In the meantime I am seeing a physical therapist who thinks they can help. After the first treatment I am not feeling better.

@Chef23‌ PT did help, even with all the damage I had.

Dr said I should have the surgery sooner rather than later

Because of the consent pain I was having. So I did it.

I should be able to get back to skiing end of July

or August .

I had the surgery done on 5/6 and recovery is NO fun.

Should have put the boat in before the surgery, at lest I could have looked at it.

We've been skiing year round down here in Miami. 5-6 sets per week. earliest in the year that I've been running -28off. Hopefully I can do it in my tournament in two weeks. Blue skies and warm water. come on down BALLERS

• Baller

I will 2nd that suggestion to go to MIAMI to start your season. It doesn't matter if you've been skiing much or not...TRUST ME! The site is great, the people are awesome, you are guaranteed to get good water, great drivers , and then you've got South Beach Saturday Nite! You won't care how many bouys you run, but you'll remember it all year long.....

ps: wear your Don Johnson outfit...it's always in STYLE!

• Baller

Trying to get some in before neck surgery on the 5th torches my season. Free skied twice this week, tonight saw course for the 3rd time. The first two times in the course a few weeks ago ran nothing but 28's.

Tonight ran two 28's and four 32's first set. Second set 28, four 32's and a clean 35. What a riot...skiing rocks! Now...where's my prednisone?

• Baller
Back into it today after a couple of weeks rest... some good some bad. Ran my first two passes in the heater top before I realized I did not have my jacket on! Back to the dock to start again...