Radar Vapor Boots on OB4 systems

Bbrandau

• Baller
Anyone happen to know if Radar Vapor Boots would bolt to the OB4 binding release? Mike from OB4 is sending me his system, but I don't have hardshells to put on them yet ... Trying to get on the water with them this weekend so I have limited options ...

• Baller
My biggest concern would be the relative elasticity of the Radar heel. I can't imagine a pliable boot is ideal for triggering release mechanisms. I hope it does work well. After breaking my ankle 364 days ago, I'd love to slide this system under my Radars. It would also be nice to be able to crank my laces tight and not worry.

• Baller
I can't see any reason that a Vector would compromise the OB4 release in any way. If the boot let's your foot free before the binding releases, you have still released, and Visa versa. The OB4 doesn't net a shock to release, just pressure. You may come half out of the Vector before the OB4 releases, but again so what, you've still released.

• Baller
Okay guys, I have not tried this out yet, but I have a Radar boot on the way. I see no reason why it can't be mounted on the OB4 boot plate, it only takes two screws and some hardware. However, this would be an experiment at this point and is only a suggestion. I would replace the laces with non stretchy ones and pull tight. You do not want to be able to come out of the boot, since the whole thing will sink if the OB4 release lets go also. It may require the addition of an arch strap. If so, I will include that process in the mounting instructions yet to be produced. Everybody talks highly of the Radar boots, so it will be great if they are an option. OB4 is not building boots, only release systems. So we are looking for a variety of boots that will fit the system and fulfill everyone's needs and preferences. If you already have Reflex, FM, or Power Shell boots, they will fit with only a little modification. So, try the OB4 system with your boots first.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller
@Zman that liner was the closest one to the work bench... I have many different ones lying around... I figured someone would notice that!

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller