Favorite Angle gauges?

Booze

• Baller

I need to buy some. Any suggestions on the best or best deal out there?

Also, a buddy has a cool aluminum adjustable gauge tool that someone gave him. Does anyone have a bead on where to get something like that?

Thanks,

SB

• Baller
Got a set of HO wing gauges from Performance several years ago, don't know if HO still makes them or not but they're simple to use and compact, only 3 pieces. Base section, a piece that moves in full degree increments, a 3rd piece that gives you half degrees. Thought I had a photo but can't seem to locate it.

@Ed_Obermeier‌

I have that same set made by HO. It measures in full and half degrees from 7-12 degrees by switching from the red to blue plate. Red plate is half and blue plate is full degrees. I think this was designed by Eddie Roberts. Great tool, easy to use.

Everytime I use it I get all kinds of comments about how great it is and "where can I buy one?"

• Baller

I have the liquid cut gauges as well. I liked that I could just buy the ones I needed instead of paying for 2-3 gauges I'll never use.

I will admit that it was tough to stomach $30-$40 for a few pieces of metal or plastic cut to a set angle especially when you can go to just about any tool store and buy a full on angle finder for like $5 and a digital angle finder for $20-$25 that measure anywhere from 0-90 degrees. I went ahead and bought them because I was being lazy at the time. However, I am curious why crude angle plates are the preference for wing angles. We don't buy a set of 20+ gauges for fin depth, length, and DFT.

• Baller
+1 on the Liquid Cut angle gauges. I bought the full set, not necessarily because I will need them, but I'm willing to bet that at some point I will be around somebody that will need one of those oddball angles and could probably spare a cold beer to use mine. They are durable and look good as well.

• Baller
For $39.95 plus shipping I like my offering the best. Cool anodized color coding makes it real easy to find in the tool box. 5,7,8,9,&11 degrees. They feel like a quality tool in your hand. I'll admit it's a pretty simple set -no half sizes no duplicates (unless you buy two sets). Also they are long enough that you never need a spacer even on the lowest positioned wings.