Goode N1 Too Much Tip

MrB

Just got the N1. Had a D3 Fusion. I use Radar Strada bindings on a Sequence Plate. The N1 has inserts from factory. Specs call for the front boot to be set at 28.75". I can only set at 29.00. Now what do I do?

I skied only 8 sets and I am puzzled. I hate to do fin adjustments. Can some one walk me through? My fin is set at:>

.705, 2.494, 6.769 Wing 9.0.

• Supporting Member
If you're on the "original" size, I think 29" is definitely too far forward. Don't touch the fin until you've figured out a way to get the bindings right. I'd say that's true on the N1 in general, but especially true if you are way off from factory. (And yes, 1/4" is way off.) In fact, I think even 28 12/16 is a little forward compared to where most of us ended up. I liked both 28 11/16" and 28 10/16". Ahead of that, my off-side tended to stall sometimes.

@Horton @Chef23 No Velcro for me but thanks. @Than_Bogan I am able to set to 28 10/16". But, only by sliding the plate into position and only using 4 inserts. I can't use the center 2 holes. Will that be safe? Should I drill a couple holes? @MrJones I was going to dremel it out but I'm not very handy.

• Baller

Drill the plate, make some new holes or make slots and use microjust.

Instead you can shorten the fin and keep dft and depth at factory and put wing at 9.5

Personally I would drill the plate to put the boots at the desired position.

Good luck!

• Baller

@MrB‌ I feel that the ski works better when wing is at stock, it would not lift the tip, quite the opposite but when I lessen the degrees it didn't feel right.

Until now I was skiing at 7 degrees on most of the skis but to me 9.5 is the best for this wing sensitive ski.

@skialex Loved it this morning. Tip seemed better but from my vantage looked tip up. No observer this morning so no input from boat. I'll try 9.5 tomorrow. Will that slow me down at the buoy? @LeonL‌ there are a lot of adjustments on the back and on the top of the Sequence plate. The problem is Goode doesn't provide two inserts I need for the center. If I keep this ski I may get that micro adjust gadget or use some Velcro to secure the center.