Mesh material in toe are of Stradas - cut it out vs. re-glue it back down?

phillips

My new Strada bindings (left over 2012 or 13, so new from sitting on a shelf for some time) have a white mesh liner of some kind of cloth material glued down in the toe-area or front 1/4 or so of the plate/flat surface. My guess is it was not glued down as well as it should be, from trying them on dry few times it has come unglued on my front binding and was starting to bunch up under up under the toes.

I was about to try to get in there with super glue and put it back down, but kind of a hard are to work in without making a mess. Plus, if it's a porous material, seems like the glue will soak thru onto my fingers or whatever I'm using to hold down while the glue dries. I'm thinking of just cutting it out, cannot see why it's a key component unless it is supposed to facilitate release, as in helping the liner slide out by reducing friction in this area? As usual, I may be overthinking, but has anyone else gone the route of cutting this stuff out vs. re-gluing?

Thanks!

• Baller
I am guessing they put it there to help reduce friction from the screws or whatever, but mine were loose and bunched up so I ripped out and have not had any ill effects from it.