Your chance to ski with Razorskier daily

The_MS

• Baller
@MS ah, I was curious how much the insane rains had impacted that sort of setup. We can't use any of the local lakes due to high water/no wake. I only live about 15 miles away from there, so I would assume they have been seeing the same crappy weather.

• Baller_

@oldjeep. 15 miles?? Why are you not skiing there often.??

Lot's of property, dock and lift damage at my home lake in MN 30mn North of @MS. Tough to see your elderly parents deal with it all from 1500 miles away. Wish I could be there to help.

• Baller

I may be looking for a partner tomorrow and Sunday. My son is out of town and my wife can't ski and doesn't like driving there.

The Malibu dealer owns a lot there so we lease a TXI from him and his crew takes care of the boats for us -- great deal that I think is unlikely to change.

As for the project, I personally think the wheels will come off again. To spend $1.5mm in infrastructure, you don't just need people to buy lots, but to commit to building on them. I don't know anyone who intends to build out there today. We just like to ski.

@Wish -- I can have guests, but we don't have a "club". There are a small handful of what we call "regular guests" (guys who ski with an owner almost every week) who pay a fee for that opportunity.

• Baller
Actually the back lots have ski rights and access to the club boats so $40K gets it done. Question is whether one needs to build within "x" time of closing and what kind of house needs to be constructed to be within HOA standards.

So, basically what I do at Dream Lake..... Can you have your own boat, lift, & dock? What do the dues run? They are looking for a place to ski & wakeboard without dealing with the public lakes. And hoping it could be an investment property...

• Baller

I still think that area needs to be corn and allowed to stand most of the fall so that @Razorskier1 can have goose hunting guests.

Feel bad for all you metro and southern MN guys with the high water. Luckily we can still run up north 2 hours from the metro or 4 from @MS. But we did our time 3 years ago with no wake for much of June and July.

• Baller
@mopowpow -- eyes wide open . . . I wouldn't go in expecting a return on investment. If a person has the money and wants to buy ski rights, could make sense. Not a great wakeboard site given that we have slalom courses on both lakes and not much room to maneuver around them. No boats, docks or lifts today other than the club boats and docks.

• Baller

On the plus side, located a stones throw from MN Inboards service center for all your maintenance needs and there is a graveyard at the end of the lake in case you really screw up.

Just got this in the email, I'd go but will be way up north skiing

OPEN HOUSE - Sunday 6/27

Trophy Lakes - New Germany, MN

Hours: 10am - 1pm

Cost: FREE!!!

• Baller

@dtm8119‌ Didn't even notice the date being wrong, but it definitely says Sunday 6/27

http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=94320bd917ae5ecbedb2bdbb8&id=812a9c4f30&e=6a1a1a0759

And yes, the picture with all the houses and trees is pretty funny. I drove past there a couple months ago to pick up my boat and that is definitely not a real shot ;)

• Baller
Right now new Germany is a farm with a lake in the middle io it. In 15-20 years when the suburbs have spread out that far I could see people building but right now it would be a very inconvenient place to live in my opinion. (Other than skiing of course, that would he very convenient)

• Baller

It is about 40-45 minutes from downtown Minneapolis, so depending on where you work not far at all. So many of the big corp headquarters are on the SW side of the cities that I'm surprised that more folks are not buying in out there. There are actually a couple subdivisions out there (Mayer which is a couple miles away), so it is not like it is the end of the earth.

They are conveniently located less than a mile from the Malibu dealers service/parts location too.

• Baller

Its been a year... has anything changed? That website looks like it hasn't been touched in at least a year.

I'm not exactly in the real estate market but I'm always looking for calm water to try and up my game. Not always feasible for me to get onto Minnewashta at 7am when it's calm, and that's if I can find a driver...