Malibu Fuel Pressure Regulator / Engine Cover

SpartanSki

Has anyone replaced the fuel pressure regulator on a 03 Monsoon 335? I'm in the process of redoing a good portion of the fuel system on my 2003 sportster (tank is out, replacing filter and fuel lines) and I've seen mention of the fuel pressure regulator causing the loss of power issue I'm having. I was just going to pull it off and clean it out or at least inspect it, but it's tucked under the metal engine cover and pretty inaccessible. The 6 bolts on top of the cover didn't help to remove it, do I have to disassemble the entire throttle body as well to get it off?

• Baller
Have a 98 response LX - with monsoon - 2000+ hrs. Was having loss of power and then surge. Everyone told me it wasn't fuel regulator. When I ran a presure gauge on it while driveing - never had a problem (you may be able to do that to test). So finally I replaced it myself. Not sure how yours is setup but mine is attached to the block - a pain to change - but it fixed the problem. If I remember right, it was 2 allen wrinch screws on either side side and above and below nuts connected to the fuel line. See my pic - the whole thing is attached to the block and you have to pop it out. (the pic is the original) - hope that helps. If I'm way off sorry.

Thanks @evolski, that kinda looks like what I found but I can't see mine well as it's tucked under the metal cover on top of the motor. How much has to be disassembled just to get that cover off? It looks like it's integral to the air intake and throttle body, does all that have to be removed just to remove the cover? This job just keeps getting bigger.

• Baller
I was able to take mine out with removing only the plastic shield over the electronis on the back of the engine. I'll take a picture from the top of the engine. It's not easy. After I take the piece of plastic off you first loosen the fuel line then undo the hex bolts. Your setup maybe different then mine. In all my testing I got pretty good at taking it off. Took me 5 minutes the last time.