Another TXI Issue - Touch Panel issues

skibug

• Baller
I can't put in the security code to our panel as the numbers "3" and "4" will not input no matter where you touch the soft key on the screen. I have to use the backup key switch to run the boat. Any ideas?

• Baller
I didn't even know that disabling the code was an option. Guess I should look through the screens a bit. We always left the keys in the boats before, so the security code isn't something I feel like I need - bet you can guess what mine is still set at ;)

• Baller
Talked with factory tech support guy...Dan...at Tennessee facility. Really nice guy! He told me that more than likely the Medallion Touch Screen is failing/has fail in those number regions. He would not comment on the number of failures they have seen; but, acknowledges that the number is more than one. Now for the hard part, warranty was not transferred from the promo owner's name back when the purchase occurred (error on the dealers part). Not sure how this will be handled.

• Baller
@skibug Not necessarily an error, you have to request and pay for the transfer at the dealer. There is a crazy cost associated with the warranty transfer that you have to pay $500 to transfer the Malibu warranty and $200 to transfer the Indmar warranty. On mine, when I found out I declined and decided to roll the dice that I wouldn't have a big failure this season since mine is a 2012 with an April delivery date. (Basically $700 to get a warranty until April 2015)

• Baller
@oldjeep‌, yes, the dealer was supposed to transfer it since it was a promo boat. The Malibu Factory rep told me that they have a deal with the promo guys to waive the $500 warranty transfer fee, part of the promo deal. Also, technically, the dealer can perform and submit the work under the previous owner's name if they really want to and the factory does not check/follow up on this.

• Baller
I had them take care of a motor issue, but that was an Indmar recall (water pump replacement) so it didn't really fall under warranty. Thankfully I haven't had any other issues. Hopefully they will take care of it for you, that screen can't be cheap.

• Baller

Luckily they have a true "key" backup under the throttle area so you can just turn a conventional key.

FWIW I can't stand that pad. It's always frustrated me that to turn the motor off you have to press and hold the engine stop icon for a second. I tell first timers that if I'm getting chopped up by the prop or if there's any emergency situation use the power button on the dash.

• Baller

Yes, awsa 3 event promo Malibus should have the Malibu and Indmar warranty transfer fee waived. If the dealer gives you flack, tell them to call Dennis Kelly. There is a charge from the dealer though, to give the boat a once over and fill out the paperwork. It shouldn't take more than an hour but some dealers try to get 4-5 hours for it.

@oldjeep the 3 event promo program is different than dealer demos and sponsorships, so those don't have the same rules in regards to transfers.