Skiing on Kentucky Lake - Near Paris, TN

akale15

• Baller
Anyone on or near Kentucky Lake around Paris, TN that is looking for a third or I can bum a pull from? I'm down in that area every other weekend and the only ppl I know on the lake wakeboard and don't have any decent set up for a little slalom.

• Baller
We are currently having our state tournamnent at stillwater lake. Otherwise there would be people at Twin Oaks right next to Kentucky Lake to pull you on a world class site. We are having a head to head tournament that will be big with Dane Mechlar, Tyler Scott, Regina, April and more this weekend if you are still in town come check it out! 34 mph finals under the lights saturday night!!

• Baller

@rumjahn welcome and so cool to offer pulls to fellow ballers. If you choose to face @wish the path to the dark side of direct drive inboards will begin. Nightmares will begin to occur where you fall at 5 ball...creating the need to buy new skis, gloves, ropes, handles and seek professional coaching. This addiction is a healthy one!

• Baller
@6balls its funny you mention that. We were talking today with the family that got us involved with skiing. After a new boat, truck to tow the boat, thousands in tournament entry fees, way too much for coaching, and a new ski nearly every year (skied on the RS-1 2 seasons), my dad probably wishes he had never met them.

@6balls thanks for the warm welcome! I started skiing back in about 5th or 6th grade, and it was all open water then. When I went to college we had a water ski club, which I joined. I got a Connelly Concept, a very little bit of tournament experience, and some coaching. That was 20 years ago. After college, life got in the way, I no longer had access to boat or water. The last time I skied was 14 years ago. Fast forward to today, life has been good, I have a family, and am blessed enough to be able to afford a boat. I got a family runabout, because the boat was mainly for family outings. However, I dusted off the old Connelly, got back out on the water, and lo and behold, it all came back. That was a few weeks ago. Since then, I've been reading these boards nonstop, catching up. Right now I'm looking at upgrading my ski to a Carbon V.

A buddy at work is a competitive skier, so I'm going to get out on the course soon, if all goes well.