Binding placement and adjustment

Higleyskier

• Baller
I ski on a Goode 9900 midride with Goode hardshells. RFF. I just slightly canted (from straight) my front boot to alleviate a reoccurring foot cramp. My rear has been canted since I bought the ski. The ski now skis a bit different. I am looking for comments, observations and articles that might help me before I change anything else. Thanks.

• Baller
Which way is it "rotated"? Always go towards the little toe. If you went the other way, it would mean that you really have to overturn your offside to make it turn the same. Messing around with binding rotation WILL change the way it feels. You either like it or not. I haven't heard many say it made no difference.

• Baller
I kept my front binding rotated towards the little toe for a few years to help make my hip rotation more symmetrical. A couple of months ago, I noticed I was completing my off-side turns slightly better than on my on-side. I rotated the front binding back to straight and presto fixo, nice symmetrical turns. It wasn't something I felt, but the binding rotation made a visible difference on my daily videos.

• Baller
I would guess the majority of skiers who rotate the front boot also rotate the back. Just a WAG. I like my front boot straight and most of the time the back as well. I have played with both rotated, and go back to normal every time.