Jason Staab, Great example of Sportsmanship

EricKelley

• Baller
I want to give a shout out to Jason Staab. In the Average Joes tournament this weekend, he was paired with Chris Eller in the round of 16. The judges missed one at night and gave Staab credit for buoys he didn't make it around and gave him the win. At the dock he straightened it out and forfeited allowing Eller to move on to the round of 8. There are a lot of classy people in this sport and Jason is one of them.

• Baller
I was there, and from the shore had a good vantage point. I saw the judging error and commented that "it's a shame that Chris is out due a mistake". Shortly after we heard that Jason corrected the error. Many of us on the shore commented on Jason's integrity. Somewhat rare in today's world, but maybe not so rare in waterskiing. Kudos to Jason. He has my respect. And thanks Eric, for giving credit where it's due. That's another thing that's not done enough!

Don't know where else to post it so I'll post it here. This tournament was also a fundraiser for In His Wakes, which is a great Christian Ministry. Donations for IHS wakes from the skiers totaled $1,475. So we have a great story with Jason on integrity and sportsmanship, and also a great story on charity. In addition to really talented athletes who participated in the tournament, we have a lot of really fine people in this sport. Salute!