Ski Lake and House for sale in NE Ohio

buoyboy1

• Baller
I guess if you can afford the house and lake, you can afford to hire someone to mow the grass. While watching the video, I kept thinking that having that much grass to mow sure would take too much time away from skiing. Beautiful lake, looked like the wind protection was doing its job.

I was inspired to build the lake because of my wife and the fun we shared skiing/barefooting. Our website (www.weskialot.com) details the research and journey building the lake. She's taken ill preventing her from skiing so there goes our fun. I'm moving my girl from winter.

I'm happy to answer any questions.

• Supporting Member

@weskialot What a bummer. I was scared when I asked the question that the answer would be something like that. I hope you can continue your dream in a warmer climate somewhere!!!

Anywhere near to where I live (Natick MA), that house alone would pull a million easy (even if not on a lake), so the lake and all that property is basically free :). Of course, we all know that real estate value comes down to location, location, and location, so perhaps the price is appropriate. But it definitely doesn't seem high!

GOOD LUCK!!

• Baller

Awesome job building your dream site sorry to here of reason for the sale. I also think the

price is a great bargain. I can not believe how quick you built it. I am in Mass and live on a old

(200 plus years Mill Pond) it took 10 years just to get permits to repair my dam, work they said

had to be done. I am pretty sure you would never have gotten the permits to build that pond

here and if you did they would cost a fortune and taken years and years to obtain. Great job

and good luck with your sale.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I thought I'd share a couple bits of info on the property from messages I've received. Grass and mowing: I have it down to 3hr 15-30min. I pull a 60" deck with my 4-wheeler. And I choose to mow likely more than others might. For example, I mow a 1.5 mile, 8-10' wide trail around the perimeter of the lake. I was a university track/cross country coach for 25yrs and we did plenty of training on the trail (we also hosted an annual collegiate meet). Many friends/family come and walk on it now. I also choose to mow the dam and the 2 emergency spillways every week-10 days. All of this is the great majority of the time (~2.5hrs).

I do brush hog a couple times a year. Again, I choose to along both sides of the trail (kinda like a rough on a golf course). I also brush hog a parking lot by the big barn - we've hosted big events (250-400 people) so we needed parking.

I would also consider a land contract if it works for both of us (seller and buyer).

The dam falls under federal guidelines and we're under ODNR jurisdiction. The principal spill pipe contains a valve where we can lower the lake level if needed. We have 2 valleys/creeks that feed our lake with a combined watershed over 1800ac.

Again, any questions, I'm happy to answer.

• Baller
this is copied from zillow 13870 Congress Rd, West Salem, OH is a single family home that contains 2,476 sq ft and was built in 1996. It contains 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. This home last sold for $500,000 in December 2015. The Zestimate for this house is $390,358, which has increased by $2,984 in the last 30 days. The Rent Zestimate for this home is $1,660/mo, which has increased by $48/mo in the last 30 days.

• Baller
The only thing you can get from Zillow is the address and home specs. The pricing for lake front or private lake is never correct by Zillow, they only value by size and zip code. I bought my house in 2012 on a private lake and Zillow always has the value at less then I paid for it. The market has only gone up since then.