Slalom Ski Club Chicagoland Area?

supersonicus

Hi Gang,

Getting back into slalom skiing after a long absence. Anybody know of any slalom ski clubs in the Chicagoland area? I ski on the weekends in Indiana, but would like to find a club where I can get some sets in during the week near home. I live in Orland Park which is a SW suburb of Chicago.

Thanks,

Matt

• Baller
There are a few clubs around the Chicagoland area. Not sure if any are "open to public" or if there are some that have memberships available. I'm in central Illinois, but there are a few folks on here in Chicago. There are also a few folks that ski on the FoxRiver. Hope you find something!

• Baller

@BraceMaker‌, that's Five Oaks. No course, no wind protection, and only one guy with a boat. $600k to million dollar homes, and a not so good school district.

There is a single lake site north west of Five Oaks and another single lake site just south west, neither has a course at this time.

I'm on the two lake site 3.5 miles west of Five Oaks. There's Waters Edge about 20 minutes south west. And Ninovan Estates right off 80 about 25 miles west. Lots of sites in the area but not many skiers.

• Baller
@tjm Do you know who maintains/is in charge of the course there? I would love to ski there and want to do what I can to help out. I'd like to reach out to that person to chat before just showing up. Thanks! you can pm me if that is easier.

Hey Clay, I agree it can be a hassle on a public lake .We do have to get up early and worry about wind direction all the time . Just trying to help a brother out ! If you ever need a driver or someone to ski with PLEASE let me know . I would love to check out your site !

Thanks

John

Ballers, I'm relocating to Chicago from Toronto in Jan 2016. Seriously considering properties at Sunset Lakes given neighborhood and school district seem better than Waters Edge area, more importantly much easier commute to office in downtown Chicago. No site is perfect. Biggest concern is whether Sunset has developed a descent skiing community. Waters Edge seems to be THE place in central IL, but way too far to commute downtown. I'm one of those guys who would be skiing almost every day! Have a 2014 Nautique 200 that would come along too. Would welcome views on Sunset vs. Waters Edge, and thoughts on ski community in the area. Thanks

• Baller

@CanadianBaller,

I've been meaning to respond to your email but work has been crazy the past month. Major project wrapped up this morning and I'm now decompressing via BOS this afternoon.

As I had mentioned I researched quite a few lakes prior to moving up from Houston a few years ago. I've also learned more about Water's Edge and Ninovan Lake Estates (one that was not on your list).

Sorry for the delay, I'll put something together in the next day or so. Commute from Sunset to Chicago is definitely do-able; my office is right next to Millennium Park and I have a 20 minute commute. :)

Clay (aka LakeOneSkier)

New to the group...resurrecting this thread...looking for active members in Northern IL and/or more specifically on the Fox Chain. Investigating where to attempt setting up shop for next Summer. We keep our SN 2001 on a small lake in MI that is just far enough away that its not doable for a day trip and two summers in a row now with blue algae bloom. Is the Dutch Creek course still there? Any courses yet on the Lower Fox River? I once saw a post where someone mentioned a course being out by St. Charles.

Thx!

• Baller

Hello everyone, I am a skier with Ohio State and am looking for a place to ski this summer in the greater Chicago land area. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could put me in contact with someone who could possibly help me out with some pulls this summer. Thanks.

• Baller

Contact Rock Aqua Jays club in Janesville Wisconsin. They should be able to tell you Midwest club activity . Also there used to be a course at Lambs Farm up near Gurney but that was many years ago. No idea if still there 

• Like 1