What do you think of the Mapple T series skis?

Onic Palandjian

• Administrators

Early reviews are positive.I expect the new Mapple will be popular.

Everything else is speculation. I do not get excited about any new ski until it has been out a while.

Judging by the pros and the Big Dawgs riding it, most improved their average scores. I talked to a few of them and they are all loving the new skis. Now, improving my score for 3-4 buoyes certainly captures my attention. Knowing Andy as a serious athlete and a no-BS guy, I can't wait to try it out.

A real test of any new revolutionary ski, would be to give it to 3 or 4 skiers through a random process and document their response as well as the increase or decrease in buoy count.

This would be a great marketing tool if the ski really increased the buoys. Find some people stuck at the end of a pass and give it to them for two or three weeks.

I would be willing to be one of the test mules.

• Administrators

It is not that hard. Wait one year. If there are a lot of them cheap on ski it again it is a fail. If you see them at tournaments and not on ski it again it is a success.

True of any ski / any brand

@Horton @ms I agree with both of you about SIA, but my point was to get in on trying a new ski for free and reporting the results. Remember "Geraldo opening the safe" sure would create a buzz.

Maybe that reference was to obscure

• Baller
Andy's ski designs always worked well for me. I have been on a D3 for the last 6 years, but before that I had a 2000 O'Brien Mapple Signature Model slalom which was still my favorite ski. I was going to try the O'Brien Elite at the time, but it was not ready, and my ski was falling apart after 8 seasons. The D3 Nomad RCX was the best fit for me at the time. When I am in the market for a new ski I will be trying out the Mapple brand..