What is the "money" pass?

PJ

I've always considered my money pass to be the one right before my most difficult pass. I can run it consistently when the conditions are right, and it's the one I need to get a shot at my hardest pass in the tournament.

Do others look at it this way, or are most people thinking it is your hardest pass?

• Supporting Member

Tend to think the same wasy as @scotchipman, and actually the exact same pass, although my success rate at -38 is a bit worse than his, even in a good year.

Although I certainly miss some -35s, I really "expect" to make it. So it's -38 that feels like "the money pass."

• Baller
Same thought as @PJ It is the pass that is right before the pass I have yet to run in a tournament. For me it is 35. I should run 35 each round, but seem to miss it 1 out of 3 in most tourney shots. If I run 35 and get a shot to run 38 I am a happy skier. This year I have run 30+ 38 off passes on several different lakes, with different drivers, and different boats. Yet to happen in a tourney. Hope to make it the money pass pretty soon.