I did the @#$%ing zigzag!

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

Ok, maybe not the biggest milestone of my career. Heck a 3 wasn't even the best score of the set. But for some weird reason I've never been able to do the zigzag correctly and I've actually been trying to learn it the last couple of seasons. The first step was remembering to even TRY -- that took about a season. Then I had to figure out how to actually do it. I found that the times I went well inside the buoy were good opportunities to try it, but I never actually managed to use the move to get that extra half ball.

Until tonight! I came out of 2 knowing I had no hope of going any further, got my ski outside 3, and then zigged and zagged and cut back in behind the next gate for the full 3.

Woohoo! :smiley:

• Administrators

You have run 38 but never done the ZigZag? You will be diehard when you start working on your super late path back to the boat guides. I sometimes edge changed before the first wake to get the ski on the credit side of a boat guide. One of these days I know there is going to be a "high side" fall that will kill more brain cells than 5 years of college did.

• Supporting Member

@Horton I know right? Only person ever to run -38 in a tournament before being able to do a successful zigzag? I just never had any instinct to try it. I'd think of it about 10 seconds later. "Oh, I should have tried the zigzag..."

Once I started getting deep-38 a lot, I started thinking this move might be the difference to get me on the podium at Regionals someday, so I decided I really ought to add it to my repertoire. Poor @MikeT had to try to explain to me how to do it, but it was like trying to tell someone how to walk. "Well, you just do it..."