Has anyone modified their Wiley bindings to make them easier to get them on with Powergrip gloves?

Vernon Reeve

• Baller
I can't my fingers into the finger holes of my binding using the Goode Powergrip gloves because the middle fingers are stuck together. So has anyone either cut out the section in the binding between the finger holes, or put a strap through the holes to pull up on? Or just put the gloves on after the ski is on?

• Baller

I wouldn't cut - the binding rubber parts are essentially stamped/punched, if you make any slit/nick/imperfection it will spread until it hits an edge.

My father had an old binding he adored but tore the holes out, I took the rear binding rubber and stitched through it on a commercial sewing machine to attach a loop of dacron webbing (slack line material) I just doubled the dacron, melted the end, and stitched it through the rear binding bit then reassembled the binding leaving a Loop of dacron above the heel part, and did the same on the front part a few months later. So that's # 2

However - I used Wileys for several seasons, I used to always just soap the crap out of them step on it two or three times till foam shot out, point the toes in, step on the rear of the binding and I hardly needed to grab the heel to pull it up. I even went so far as to grab one of my bindings out of the pile and try it again, and can confirm you can put on a wileys super jump with one finger if you soap it up well enough.

@Vernon Reeve‌ yes, I do not use the Wiley's cuff holes to pull on my bindings... Too difficult. What I do is run a fairly short (long enough to get your fingers in) nylon strap through the Wiley's holes, then just tie a not in the strap. Then I punch 6 holes with a leather punch to the sides of the Wiley's finger holes, and secure tight with 3 zip ties for long term durability, so the straps don't cut and pull through the Wiley's holes, which they will. Also, don't get the Wiley's pro "series", get the pro "build". The pro "build" has thicker rubber, that enhances durability, and also is stiffer, and higher performance. Also, because I am rff, the cuffs on my front boot walk to the left on my front ankle, which really hurt my performance. What I did is put one of those little bungees with the little blue ball through the Wiley's holes to the right of the front and rear cuff on the front binding. Undue the end of the little bungee from the blue ball before you slip your foot in, then put the end of the bungee around the little blue ball after your foot is in. This eliminates the front and rear cuff (on the front binding) from walking to the right. Hope this helps. Good luck.

• Baller
I'm using the powergrip gloves with the powervest, and found the easiest is to put the powervest on, then put my ski on, then put my arms through the sleeves and the powergrip gloves while sitting on the edge of the dock. Loving the Powervest so far...takes a little to get used to, but after a couple sets, I'm feeling more comfortable with it.