All 16 Big Dawg Finalists tested negative

T-fromTO

• Administrators
Unfortunately some of the PEDS that are suspected do not show in pee. Some require the skier to stop taking it a week or two in advance. HGH is basically undetectable.

• Baller
Is there some "technique" drug I don't know about? Can't for the life of me figure out how strength or stamina enhancing PEDs, blood doping, etc, would really help someone. Or is this another disquised desperate attempt for justifying a shot at the Olympics black hole? Stir gently.

• Baller
It's about frequency with which one can train & fully recover In contrast to those not taking PED's. If you could train with twice the frequency for twice the duration, your ability to improve increases drastically. Whether it were EPO, test, or other, essentially the benefit to skiing isn't as much about strength as it is about recovery and increasing the duration of activity before muscles tire. I will say added strength could aid all of the above plus help mitigate injury such as tendinitis due to added strength around tendons. I know this subject is played out, just responding to Thagers question

• Baller
@Waternut - we all have different problems. I know a lot of guys who ski their tails off and hands are not a major problem for them, but tendinitis is, and there bodies break down whether they want to admit it or not - and they ski tired and poorly as a result. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but there is a benefit for those willing to cheat

• Baller
Pretend for a second someone tested positive. They get banned for a year, life, whatever. Its a given that that person would face consequences. What would it do the face of the Big Dawg? Someone was able to compete and probably win... It took a big internal push to even get some testing. What do the sponsers say to this? Surely they cant just turn a blind eye to it.

• Baller

@Texas6‌ Treating tendinitis is cheating? I hope you are never my doctor.

Maybe if you are a kid using PEDs to swim extra laps or run extra sprints at the expense of your long term health, you are cheating. But Big Dawgs are old guys with jobs or businesses to run. Time to train excessively just doesn't exist - even if your body can handle it (through any means). Is it a good thing to restrict medicines that might allow an old guy some quality of life (like being able to walk to the starting dock - or walk at all)?

Many PEDs have theraputic uses that are athletically acceptable. Chris Froome won a bike race this year while taking Prednisone with a TUE. Sad that the Big Dawg testing had no provision for allowing useful medicines.

@T-fromTO‌ This issue is bad for the sport on many levels. We were hoping it would go away.

Eric