Matt Rini's ski school experience

ChadW

I skied at Matt Rini's place today and it was awesome! Great site, great boat and amazing coaching. This was my second time receiving professional coaching. The first time was 3 years ago. I wasn't expecting much today, but I was blown away with Matt's approach. His observations were spot-on and his coaching tips were easy to understand and implement. The result was the best set of my life. I ran 5 of 6 passes, including back to back 32off passes (a first for me), one of which was so easy I couldn't believe it.

If you are visiting central Florida, a set at Rini's place is a must!

• Baller

It's his own private lake, literally 10 - 15 minutes from Orlando Airport. Super easy access.

When Matt explains a concept he will continue to work with you until he finds a way to explain it that makes you understand what it is he's trying to teach you. Very insightful and patient. Matt can be as technical as you like, but if you're not particularly technical he also knows how to "dumb it down" to make concepts easy to understand and assimilate so it makes sense to you. Highly recommended.

• Baller
I've skied with Matt at the very minimum 3 days per year for the past 4 years. He was the very first coaching I ever had when he did a clinic in Calgary 4 years ago. And I haven't skied with a better coach since. Nothing against any of the other coaching I've had but Matt is just a great guy who knows his way around a boat and a ski as good as anyone in my opinion. So another resounding vote if you are in Orlando and have the chance go ski with him. You won't regret it.

• Baller

Was at matts today for a set between Whitney and a gang from Portugal, Greece and New Zealand in for the 32+ worlds. What a great site, great coach.

He corrected 1 thing and I ran one of the easiest -32's of my life.

Called him back today and booked a set for early tomorrow morning.

Impressive.

Highly recommended !

@cragginshred‌ your old green lithium is doing just great btw!

• Baller
skied a week with matt spring of 13, had a great time, great facility and couldnt ask for a better coach, met most of the radar skiers while down there, some real solid down to earth good all around people, matt has dicounted rates at a hotel in the area not to mention a discount at perf ski while attending his school...

I've often read on this site, spend

money on professional coaching instead of buying a new ski. I was somewhat skeptical of that advise until now. With my hacker ski buddies, I've been able to run 32off this season after being stuck at 4@32off for a year and a half. After running 32off, I set a practice PB of 3@35off. Then I started getting coaching from Matt Rini. I had my 3rd set with him this morning and set a new practice PB of 1.5@38off, 34mph. thanks Matt!

I think @SkiJay skied his first 35 right before I skied my first 35 yesterday. Matt said it was cool to pull 2 people through their first 35s in one day. @SkiJay, you were right, that lake was magic yesterday...or Matt is magic.

• Baller

Congratulations Chad! That's hilarious that we talked about the magic in the lake as I was heading out. I wish I'd stayed for a double celebration!

If there's magic, though, I think you're right on with it belonging to Matt. I've been all over that pass for well over a year now, but always with hair on it--miss the gate, hit six ball, miss one of the mid-course balls, etc. Then my shoulder gave up and I had to pretend I didn't care about -35 for six months. Then I tweaked my back. Arg!

Last week, my back let up, so I started after it again, but still wasn't closing the deal. With 107 successful -32s in the log this year, I was going out of my mind, so time to see Rini. Sure enough if he didn't spot two issues, describe them in a way that made it all clear, and bam! A perfect -35 that was smooth as silk. What a treat!!!

I'm 57 years old and still improving. There's a lot to love about this incredible sport.

Thanks Matt! And congratulations again Chad!