Is your season over?

Horton

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
Last weekend air went down to 65 and water to 68 compared to 86 and 82 respectively from three weeks ago (23rd of September). Expected to be back up to 77 and 73 for next weekend and the following week. I went from bare skin to the 1mm Camaro and hopefully back to shorts. Temperatures are mild usually until mid December (low 70's to mid - high 60's) but the last 2 years managed to have 3 to 4 sets per month even in January and February (will try to do the same this year).

• Baller
imagine being out at your course on a public lake at 6:45 AM. The moon is up over the west of the course, the sun hasn't yet risen, although the sky is starting to glow. It's 37 degrees outside with water temp of 54 . . . and you get to rip two sets behind your new ProStar before work!!! I am the luckiest guy in the world!

• Baller
A few pulls w/ the wife last night - dicey getting the boat in due to low lake levels at Utah Lake. Time to winterize and think about shredding the backcountry. Hope to see Chris Rossi up in the Wasatch this winter.

• Baller
Expecting another cold front down here next week which might drive the water temps down into the frigid high 70's to low 80's. Just brutal! :). In all seriousness, I have no idea how one could ski at such a high level when water temps are low 50's - that's amazing

• Baller
First time I've pushed the line short since I got the new ski. Been running tons of 32s to figure out how to ski on a really fast ski that loves to turn and hold angle. Getting it now. Across two sets I skied two 28s, eight 32s, six 35s, and ran 4 at 38 and then ran 38.

• Baller_
Skied tonight. Water and air both 59. The bigger challenge is the sun in the evening. It was very hard to see the gates, 1, 3, and 5 going in one direction. May have to resort to early afternoon on the weekends. Probably another week or two.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I just returned from two days of skiing up in the Flathead. Public waters, but very tricky access, so it really feels like your own private cove. And gorgeous! Met @Deano‌ski only to find I knew him 30 years ago when we were in the same snow ski program - very cool reminiscing but my pumpkin ain't no steel trap. I had forgotten lots of names.

After one pass Deano gave me a little tip that changed my skiing immediately and dramatically. Thanks Deano! It was great meeting you - again! And I'm stoked to do the Mission Ridge/Tate Lake Day in the spring.

So my Montana season is now over. All that remains is a week in Kauaii at the end of the month. Drag.

• Baller_
Just finished skiing. I've decided to call it a year and heal my elbow. It's been bad enough to affect my skiing and I have been concerned that I am continuing to compound whatever damage is there.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.