What size Vapor boot

Bill22

• Baller
I wear size 8-1/2 shoe and the Strada size 9's are perfect. And, I wear them without using the insole. You can install the insoles to snug things up a bit. And, the only laces you want to be tight are the lower laces which will surely snug up as tight as you care to if you go with size 12. I tried on the 8's and they were stupid uncomfortable. Should never be uncomfortable in hard shells or hybrids, or might as well go back to rubber.

@JWebSki‌ The liners are thicker in the vapor boots and the later model stradas. The black liners are in the newer boots, the gray liners are thinner and were used in the earlier model stradas. That's what accounts for the sizing difference. I've used both models.

• Baller

@Bill22‌ Put a set of Zapz insoles in the shells and the 12s will be perfect. Zapz have excellent arch support, fit the shell shape as if made by Radar, are soft where the boots' mounting lugs protrude, never fall out, last forever, and improve edge control. And if you don't heat mold them, the generous arch acts like canting.

http://zapzinsoles.com/lp3/

• Baller

The size 12 fits good. Got a good deal with free shipping from Miami Nautique.

Skied on it for the first time yesterday. It feels good but my toes slid down and pushed up against the front of the boot. Maybe I need to tighten the lower laces up a little more.

• Baller

@ChadW‌ @scotchipman‌ I did the home bake and it worked Ok. When I try it on at home (dry) after heat molding it feels great. An 11 may be too short, 12 is a little hard to get into.

I am not saying an 11 would not be better but I heat molded it and skied on it. I don't think I could return them now. I will try an insert to lift my foot and fill the arch.

• Baller
@JWebSki‌ For the top laces, loose is a relative term. If you pull 90% of the stretch out of the top laces, you'll get most of the support without jeopardizing the forward release. That's only about ¼ of how tight Radar says is okay, but it's all you need for good support.

• Baller

@scotchipman‌ I replaced the Radar insole with an orthopedic insole. The raised arch of the orthopedic was enough to make the boot fit better. My toes did not hit the front of the boot and I upped my PB by 1 ball, the second time on the new boot.

Thanks,