We are What We Eat.....or Drink!

Brady

• Baller_
Just a shade over 5' 7" and just a shade under 140 pounds. I actually experimented with weight a couple years ago. I added 8-10 pounds (some it actually muscle) on purpose and didn't ski any better. In fact, when I trimmed it off again, I felt I skied better or at least I felt more flexible and responsive on the ski.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
Today I'm 5'11" and 180lbs. Ski'd at 160-165 three seasons ago and made the decision to enlist the help of Jenny LaBaw and a tight grip on how I ate to add some lean muscle. I know there is a lot of talk about muscle to weight ratio and I feel I honestly ski better a little stronger & heavier but still maintaining a lean disposition. I honestly feel the extra strength has helped me prevent injury while building myself into a stronger athlete, lots of focus on legs and core

• Baller

I am 6' on the nose and about 225 right now. I was as low as 210 a couple of years ago (I weighed 180 at 6' when I was 13) and as high as 242. I am going to push to see if I can get to 200 for the summer that would be the weight I graduated college at.

I had my PB at about 217 not when I was 210.

I have heard a description of a "big guy" yet! I'm 6'-6" tall and on July 4th weighted 252. Had a weight loss challenge with another skier last Christmas to lose 10% of our body weight (225 target for me) and I made it to within.a couple pounds. I was really looking forward to skiing "lean and mean" this season.

Thought it was going to happen too but got some bad news from the dermatologist in January. Still managed to feel good and ski a bit while recovering. Unfortunately I gained all the weight back and got up to 250 again. Then in July, things changed.......

I lost just about 50lbs the last toe weeks in July due to a really bad reaction to a drug. Still fighting it and my colon issues have me drained and incredibly thin. Once I get past this hump and the body recovers my target is 220-225 which I think is a good place to be.

For what it's worth - when I'm healthy I'm a consistent deep 35 off 34mph skier. Oh and I jump and trick too. Yes big tall guys can trick ski too!!

• Members

Skied most of this summer at 6'3 215-220. 205-210 is where I feel best my best combination of strength and agility is. @wish is on the money, the last few pounds are the hardest.

If I could just invent something that would change unwanted weight into wanted height..........then @MS could drink IPA's and eat pizza all winter and come back next season at 6'4.

I'm 5'11" and 155lbs. I have tried several weights and found that a heavier me doesn't ski too well because I lose flexibility. One offseason I ate my weight in calories and got up to 175 and while I felt strong I was a mess come springtime behind the boat. I run more shortline 20lbs lighter.

• Baller
Man, this poll is revealing. I am 6 foot 7 and hovering around 260. I truly wonder how much better I would get if I could get down to 225 with my size and strength? I am working like crazy right now to make it happen. If I am truly honest here, at the first of the season I was pushing 285. I finally got sick of how shi%%%y I felt and looked and have been working like crazy for the last couple of months and it is paying off. With that said, if anyone wants to develop incredibly strong arms and a python grip, go ski at 285 and get your fat ass out of the water 6 times each set!!!! Now, I am waiting for the rest of my body to catch up!!!

• Baller
@brady I've got a bro who is 6ft 7 and 200 lbs...crap spine and trying to get back into skiing. Bought a Nautique this summer and skiing regularly with a guy running short-line. Skinny dude, eh? I laughed out loud at your comment about strong arms, the python grip, and getting your fat ass out of the water 6 times per set!

• Baller
I'm 6'2" and 165. Down from 6'4" after years of bad posture sitting in meetings. Weight used to vary 5 pounds up or down around 175. After retiring it was easier to avoid the business travel dinners and ski more.

• Baller
New low...183 today. Finally able to bust it in the gym 5 months post neck surgery, tho, so hoping to put on a few pounds and regain some strength...feeling like a big wuss playing with baby weights. Sore muscles today! Core every a.m. as well...hope to re-tool for spring skiing.

• Baller
5'10" 183 lbs. Down 15 lbs since the start of the year, but it didn't translate into more buoys even though I was skiing better. Going under the knife in a few days :s , so no workouts for quite awhile. Hopefully through a good diet I can avoid gaining too much of it back.

• Baller
Working out hard this year to get some weight off and lean up. Looking to get better power to weight ratio. Started my off-season workouts earlier this year as I haven't done near as much skiing as I'd like. Too bad - skiing helped me maintain my fitness level from the previous winter. I have skied better after a good winter workout as opposed to being lazy and not doing anything either. Gains made during the season (in my opinion) can be attributed to better body position. Better power ratio only helps this (but isn't the single most contributor).