Ft Lauderdale/WPB area "things to do"

Razorskier1

• Baller
Hey Ballers, I am considering taking a trip with the whole family for 3-4 days in December. I'd like to ski with Chet a couple of mornings, then do things with the family in the afternoon. Wife assures me that she doesn't want to just "sit on a beach" for three days. Skiers would be me and Mitch (RazorRoss3). I'd have my wife, 19 year old daughter, and 17 year old son none of whom would ski. Thoughts? What can we do that would be fun for all of them?

• Baller
Lots of stuff to do in West Palm Beach @ Okeeheelee Complex while you ski. Nature Park, sports facilities, nature trails, horseback riding, etc. right there. Beach and stuff a little further east. Seems to me there were some everglade tours in the area too,

• Baller

My GF always thought Sawgrass Mills was a first-class outlet mall. I don't know enough about the topic to comment.

Lauderdale's Las Olas Blvd is a fun strip in it's own way. South Beach Miami, of course, if you're staying far enough south.

Some consider it heresy, but I usually work in a couple of hours cable-wakeboarding at Rixen in Deerfield.

Some people like it, some don't... but there's a big crab-shack/roadhouse called the Rustic Inn at the south end of Lauderdale, not far from the airport. I got a kick out of it.

• Baller

Hard to beat S FL for Dec, upper 70's avg temps. Even Orlando drops to low 70's. Rest of S US high 60's or lower.

Ft Lauderdale to WPB is a fairly large area with 50 miles, about an hour, between them. Chet is inland in Boca Raton so almost right between, about 45 min from either downtown WPB or Lauderdale. Chet will most likely burn till 1:00 so drive time can eat your vacation. I like WPB or Delray to stay. Delray has great beach, less crowded, great restaurants on E Atlantic Ave. WPB/PB has great restaurants and great centralize shopping.

Dec is high season here so more busy, not bad, but planning and reservations put more into your vacation. Lots to do, but depends on where you stay and if inland or on the beach, and if your people like driving around. Looking to pick up extra ski rides? WPB and Okeeheelee best bet there. Cruises/boat rental/jet ski rentals all popular along intercoastal. Water parks and Lion Country Safari in WPB for that kind of thing.

Driving to Rickenbacker Causeway out of downtown Miami is worth it, 50 min to 1.5 hour drive. Best place for windsurfer and Hobie Cat rentals with great beaches all on Biscayne Bay. Beautiful and protected if ocean nasty/blown out. Key Biscayne cute and nice park on the ocean.

• Baller

No matter what you do, you'll need to hit up Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza. The best pizza around. Also try eating at Seasons 52 on the canal....good atmosphere and GREAT food.

If your looking for a place to stay I would recommend Marriott Ocean Pointe on Singer Island. Great private beach and there are things to do at the resort. Fishing is only 5 min away from there too if you book a fishing charter. Have FUN!