Mapple Challenge Cup

Bill22

• Baller_

Detrick 1

CP 2

Dave Makhii 3 (an Am)

Was not windy, it was STUPID windy. The Pros were about the only ones who could handle it and they struggled. Whitney got a 1.5 on an opener. Nate went down early at 38. I believe at 2 ball. I was lucky to pull off a down wind 32 with a 20mph winds. It was crazy. They actually stopped the tournament around 9:45 (1st round was completed cause of sooo many failed openers) and did not resume until 4:00. But wind was still in the 20s even then. The worst direction for Andy's site is from the WNW....and that's where it was blowin from.

Format was awsome and was really fun hanging on the dock with the pros and seeing some guys i hadn't seen in a while. I will absolutely be back next year. If the wind wasn't there (and cold) it would have been one of my favorite of all time. Well done by Team Mapple to say the least.

The finals ran 6 boats and 6 skiers on a 4 ball course and did a last man standing format. The entire event could have been won by anyone Pro or Am based on format....VERY COOL!

And 6 SN with the who's who of skiing behind the wheels was great to see.

5gj2t6jd2cp2.jpg

• Baller_
Understand there were 3 rounds . One traditional and 2 non traditional for fun but all went towards final win. In round 1, traditional, Nate and CP both ran 2@41. The non traditional finals format was Nates slip up. What was a jaw dropper was CP running 39 with a 20mph tail wind in the traditional round.

• Baller_
@Mapple it was a fun tournament despite the wind. It certainly added an unexpected challenge. I also think it was a rarity. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen white caps on my lake in the 20yrs I've lived on it here in central FL. I liked the idea of the tournament season being extended into Nov. But, when ever you have it, I'll be there. I know there are a ton of people that put that on so thank you again and thanks to anyone that had a hand in it.

This was a great event. Even though the high winds made it very challenging, I had a lot of fun. I have never skied an event where I ski 3 rounds and they are all different.

Rd 1 - Normal 6 buoy course

Rd 2 - 6 buoy reverse courses (right to left for gates)

Rd 3 (Finals) - 4 buoy course - 6 boat rapid head to head final

Having the handicap format made it exciting and fun for all skiers involved. Congrats to John Phillips for having the top score after round one and being the #1 seed into the finals. I think @Mapple‌ is onto something good for our sport. I hope more events get creative on how to change things up and make it more fun for the skiers and better for the crowds to watch. The 6 boat head to head final was a great concept.