A waaaaaay back video....

Wish

• Baller

Sure think that boat must have had more than 10hp, even though it is very tiny by today's

skiboat standards.

Here's a link to another oldie, although not as old:

Dixie tournament 1954 at Cypress Gardens. Showing lots of crashes, but showing Alfredo

Mendoza at the end, setting a US record of 99', and looking and good form. Later that

year, the 100 foot 'barrier' was exceeded at the Nationals in Laconia, NH.

• Baller_
At 0:18, Wish's video says "started in the luxury resorts of the French Riviera". I did not know that Lake City, Minnesota was in the French Riviera....or that Ralph Samuelson was French.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_

Love that boat but if you plan to cruise the river, looks like you will be cruising alone considering the size. But the wakes are pancake flat and no spray. Reminds me of the 1993 Centurion Wave 16' inboard where the driver literally sat next to the motor box if not slightly behind.

qnpcwno05zg7.png

niqcquci16ss.png

gtf21cedepcj.png

x65ft0uj6bx4.png

kepomst7dicp.png

mul2i14web7y.png

• Baller

@ozski‌ Others on here may recall Glenn Plake showing up at a pro tournament years ago and making a run through the slalom course using the double handles, would run right through 28. He would basically just spread his hands through the turn, not a lot different than a reach and dropping free hand back - just looked weird the way he did it. But, just to mess with your "mental picture" he did this in just a little red "french style" bikini speedo.

29. The event I saw this at also had jumping. After Plake did his slalom run, when the jumpers came out, Scot Ellis jumped in his royal blue Rocket Man suit with the little red speedos on like a Superman costume.

• Baller

You could have that same boat by putting a fabricated fiberglass top on a 12ft aluminum Lund fishing boat, pop an used 16hp John Deere lawn tractor engine in the rear and call it a day.

Cool videos guys!