What do yo pay for a private club?

jwroblew

• Baller

well I have it good!! we pay 320 for a family membership on a private pond

( natural body of water)

30 mins from the house BYOB we have a good group for skiers with only 10 family's in the club., Goodeskier and I ski at lunch and no one is ever there mid week.we rotate our boats filled with gas, so it works out very well.

sometimes I have a hard time getting someone to go ( I have a very open schedule in the summer)

well when the wife says Im open!

Shoot I would bring my boat and gas just to get 1 or 2 sets in with a good driver.

think short

Deano

• Baller
My club's annual fee is 2k which includes a 2013 Nautique and a really nice dock we built a few years ago, complete with a large locked ski closet, boat lift, roof, and grill which we use occasionally. Gas is not included. New members pay a $500 initiation fee their first year, and a family membership for two or more is either 3 or 4k, but I'm not sure what the exact price is.

• Baller

I'm forming a new club in SW Florida on a new private lake. Have fees stayed pretty steady or increased since this thread was started in 2014? If your club has it's own boat how current is it? @lpskier are LaPoints' fees the same as you mentioned above?

Thanks

Mark

• Baller_

In 2014, it was $2250. A couple years later, it was $2500. The last 3 years, it has been $2850. That includes boat, gas, all sets, unlimited skiing. One of the increases was when the owner (and long time club president) bought the lake from the previous owner and likely needed to cover some financing cost. There are also some upgrades planned (new dock, new pavilion, more beach work, new lift motor/mechanism, etc.).

We get a new boat each year and took delivery of our 2021 this week.

Remember, our season is about 5 months. A longer season will have more impact on boat hours (resale or other agreement with dealer may be affected). Plus, more gas would be expected with more skiing.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

@jwroblew, I belong to two clubs, both have a Membership Fee and a Tow Fee, the Membership Fee takes Care of the Boat Depreciation and Maintenance of the site, the Tow Fee takes care of Boat Maintenance/spares and Gas, maybe a few sundries.

If you keep on giving , people will keep on taking, so do not be afraid, charge what is necessary, people need to understand the costs involved, sounds like they have had a pretty good deal so far.

The small club I've been at for the past couple of years is around $400 for membership fees, then around $5 per set to cover gas. Has an '06 196 on a tiny pond that is tied in to the rural irrigation system. No drivers, so you have to find a partner to go out with and pull each other.

I love the place - affordable, fun, and has a great vibe amongst all of the members.