This could be interesting to capture skiing.....

Wish

• Baller
@Horton -the soloshot 2 had not yet started to ship the time you first mentioned your response from the company so that was probably been the soloshot 1 you asked about. the soloshot 2 specs say minimum 10 ft distance from target and 80 degrees per sec pan speed. going from ball to center line takes about 1.3 seconds and is pretty much never more than a 80 degree angle from the pylon. so in theory the soloshot 2 should work but we will know for sure in the next few months after we test the set up we're working on now.

• Baller

I've checked into the cable systems before. You could really only use a zip line type system and most ski lakes would be prohibitively long to get the right view. Also, these sytems are currently too expensive to justify their use.

Also, drones can only operate for a few minutes at a time before needing to be recharged. Impractical for use as a tool for the tournament itself.

We need less technology in running tournaments, not more.

...... just tested a WIFI lan to the boat on our ski lake......mounted a 2 megapixel camera (on swivel) and now we can watch (on 55"tv) and record the passes from the shore.....(wireless analog we already had working).

Once we finalize the setup I will post some video's.

not that difficult..... depending on the size of the lake (small lake simple set will do). Wifi can go miles....but then the equipment gets expensive (mile or more and moving....$$$).

Used 2x enginus ecb9500 (older set I had laying around) with standard antenna's, larger antenna's will get you more coverage.

Nice thing about lakes..... almost no reflection !