Vapor Lithium sizing question

swc5150

Ah @fu_man- that is generally the case- but with Perfect Pass classic we had to ask the ladies for their weight- with the running engine they had to kind of shout it out for us sometimes... Often the announcer could/would 'help' out and put it out over the PA system... With ZO it seems we've been forgiven- not so many angry glares, and I haven't been 'accidentally nudged' off a starting dock in a while either :-)

• Baller
@eddie_roberts_jr another sizing question. I run mid 35 @ 34 mph consistently and generally weigh between 210 and 220 lbs during ski season. What sized Vapor would you recommend. I seem to be able to ski either the 68 or 69.5. I worry that the 69.5 might not turn the way I want but think the extra support would be nice.

• Baller
I think the Vapor skis bigger than your average ski. Was able to ski on a 68 last year and I am north of 220, way north. You will like the turning a lot better than the bigger stick, although, for a 69.5 ski, the Vapor turned very well. I tried both and went with the 68.

@eddie_roberts_jr Skied a 66" Vapor Lithium this past summer. Going to upgrade to the Pro next summer. I am currently 5'8" and fluctuate between 138-142 lbs in the summer. I ski 28 off regularly @36mph. Would you recommend sticking with the 66" or would it be beneficial to go down to a 65"? Thanks!

• Baller

I'm running a 67 and weigh 185-190, big pull style, 34 mph. Initially felt it was perhaps too small. Rossi helped with set up and it's pretty darn good. I've run some 38's, I've run a 35 fresh off the dock, yesterday ran 36 mph for fun and ran 1 @ 38. That's all pretty good skiing for me.

Having said that the ski absolutely comes alive at 36...LOVE it there. I used to ski 67's at 36 and went to 68's at 34. I want to try a 68 at 34 b/c as much as the practice skiing is pretty good, I feel like it's work. Wonder if a little more surface area would not only get me cross course quicker but provide a little more water support at the ball instead of digging in.

• Baller
I'm 165lbs and 5'9". I ski a 2010 66" strada. I'm a 34mph skier. I get into 35 off in practice but rarely run it. I never considered going to a 67" but I heard several people at tournaments this summer say they moved up in size an inch on the vapor and had good results. I'd be looking at the 2016 probably but maybe the 2017 lithium pro build vapor. Any suggestions on what would be better for me 66" or 67"? Thanks.