Wiring ballast pump in a 2003 SN 206

Fatroll

• Baller

I have a 2003 Ski Nautique 206. In an attempt to appease the boarding members of my family, I am trying to integrate two reversible ballast pumps using supplies provided by wakemakers.com. I would like to wire the pumps into the exhisting control pad on the dash instead of adding a toggle. For these controls, do I connect the control wires for the pump into the 40 pin plug according to this diagram?

http://www.planetnautique.com/Correc...INPLUG2003.pdf

Or is there some other location that I am missing? The control pad wiring seems to feed this unit with the breaker box.

Any insight is appreciated

• Baller
You need a little more info - I'd assume that you need to power a relay that powers the pump from those unless you have some information on the power rating of those outputs that says they are capable of directly powering a pump.

• Baller

@oldjeep, that is the diagram I intended on posting, thanks.

The equipment provided by wakemakers has a harness that will connect to battery power as well as a control toggle. I am assuming, I can wire this to the 40 pin plug, but was looking for insight from someone who may have done this or a similar project. I didn't want to get into this without as many details ironed out before installation.

• Baller
Right, and what I'm saying is that you need to know how many amps/mA those outputs on the 40 pin connector are rated for before you can decide if you can wire your pumps directly to them. The safest thing to do would be to just install one relay per pump using the signal from the 40 pin plug to trigger the relay, while still drawing the main power straight from the battery (through a fuse).

FWIW, mikesliquidaudio.com is the place to get ballast/stereo equipment. His customer service is unparalleled. I've dealt with both (MLA & Wakemakers) and although Wakemakers is about 2000 miles closer, MLA gets all of my business. He helped me design a outstanding ballast system and stereo system and he knows what he's talking about. I've seen him help many people who bought their equipment from Wakemakers who basically got left with many questions. He knows the forums are a huge place to get his name out there so he's willing to help. I'd give him a call.

I get nothing from this. He's never asked anything from me. I owe him just from what he's done for me. My setup works perfect only because of all the design that went into it. Pumps and bags are only part of the equation. How are you plumbing them?