What is your ONE absolute favorite piece of gear (besides your ski)?

Horton

• Administrators

**** I intend to moderate this thread a little extra to keep it on topic. ****

A lot of gear comes through my office every year. The one unexpected item that I absolutely love is MasterLine Masters Curves gloves. I own more than a dozen pairs of gloves and I like most of the high end gloves but my one clear favorite is the Masters Curves.

One pair lasted me all of last year and my hands have never been in such good shape. In years past I ALWAYS used Kevlar gloves for grip w/ Kevlar liners underneath to protect my hands. The Masters Curves without liners are so much better. The bottom line is my hands hurt a LOT less.

So…. What is your ONE absolute favorite piece of gear (besides your ski)?

• Supporting Member

Tough question, but my first thought is my Eagle One vest. Even after several seasons, I keep thinking I've forgotten to put on a vest when I'm about to get in the water. Soo comfortable while still providing the back/abdominal support that I like.

I want to mention the OB4 system, too. (I'm not very good at counting to one apparently. :smile: ) It's not the sort of thing where I would use the word "love," but it's an engineering marvel and it makes me feel good knowing that level of safety is at my feet (literally).

• Baller
My masterline gloves and handle are close to the top, a well fitted pullover vest is also close, but absolute best is a long sleeve neo top, upstate ny the evenings are very often just a bit chilly for bare skin.

• Baller
My iPhone is the best thing that goes skiing with me and only because its role changes. This is the only time during my day that it is never used as a phone and all calls go to voicemail; it simply plays music and shoots video.

• Baller

I would have to say the Masterline Pro-locks. I had always had issues with my hands and tearing of callouses (that doesn't look right) on my hands. The Pro-locks (or radar Vice gloves) have really helped me protect my hands and be able to ski more sets.

I just wish the glove manufacturers would stop changing the way the gloves fit. One year I get one size and when I order again the next year I need a different size.

• Baller
My Camaro 2mm l/s neoprene top. It is designed with thumb holes for normal size people, but for me that means I get sleeves that are actually the appropriate length for my long, skinny arms. It fits so well it is like a second skin and therefore keeps water out very well, it is so stretchy I don't feel any restrictions and it is so warm I don't even notice the chilly air during early morning sets.

• Baller

Do ski buddies count as gear? With no boat or permanent ski site, I would have to say my fellow ballers that help keep me skiing would be my favorite.

If not I would have to say either my vest or warm top, but would probably default to my warm top as I am grateful for it every season. Between chilly spring waters or cool fall air it helps me extend my season every year.

• Baller_

I would have to say my favorite piece of gear is that magic little card that gets me the gasoline to run my boat! I swipe it at the pump and input a few numbers and poof!!! Pull the handle and gas gets dispensed into the boat, Sometimes I have to put some in the truck to get the boat to the lake!

• Baller

My Ballofspray Eagle vest, I have been using it for the last four seasons. Almost all stitching is gone and barely holds in one piece, still my favorite skiing item besides my ski.

Well, until now, my wife has bought me a new gold tooth Eagle vest for my birthday and it's on the way, I will get it in a couple of weeks! I will try to repair my BOS vest and use it too!

• Baller

Tail 41 gloves.

I've got a couple vests, a Phalanx that I like and a front zip syndicate that I don't, only because when I really eat it, it peels off. That's the only time i think i really need it. I'm watching this thread to see vest responses.

• Baller
My curved Intow handle (with guard) wins the prize, best handle I have ever used. It took all of two sets for me to fall in love with it, currently my favorite bit of gear after my Helix.

• Baller
My favorite piece of gear happens to be my wife's favorite: her Roxy Cypher heated vest. Can be worn under wet or dry suit. Small rechargeable battery pack provides about two hours of heat. It's my favorite because she has assured me that without it there is no way she would have been out there all winter driving the boat for me.

• Baller_

1. My US Gear .950 12 inch handle. Going on year 3 and no wear on the bar, head will not fit through, mis-grabs are down and it is much lighter then any competitors.

2. My Oneill Throttle dry suit. What were they thinking when they quit making them?

• Baller

I would say my driver/wife but can't bring myself to call her a "piece of equipment". She happily drove me in the rain yesterday evening, gotta love her.

So next is my Nautique 200. Always had a love affair with DD runabouts. First time I saw one thought it was the coolest thing. First time I saw a DD real ski boat thought it was even cooler. I'm fortunate to have driven, skied the Mboo, MC, CP which are all great boats. No qualms skiing any of them. Just like the 200 better, so many things beyond just the wakes and handling. If it died I would get another one. Any other boat and I would just be wanting a 200.

Love my In-Tow handle but would be just as happy with a MasterLine.

Love my Red 41-Tails but probably will give ugly green MSN gloves a try.

Love my Camaro top but others are fine, hey it's Florida, do I really even need one?

Love my Reflex but bet OB4 would work too.

Love my 200 and nothing else will do!