Setup or technique issue question

alex38

• Baller

What would cause a slight kick forward on a toe side pull/lean? (RFF going to 2/4/6)

Or, what would resolve it?

Feels like ski is trying to break me at waist thru second wake.

Only reason I ask is I tried another ski and when I was expecting that tick it wasn't there.

I feel like it's a fin move but not a master of settings by any source.

28/34 160lb 66.5 A2

Will get video if needed, but tried a 67 quest and felt more stable at that point.

Hoping a tweak to my A2 or myself can help that.

I can't buy another ski... yet.

• Baller
Set fin to known good numbers, or stock. Move bindings back 1\16 inch........ If the ski is sticking and breaking you at the waist on your off side, move binders back. If it slows ski, get video and make sure you are stacked and hips up.

• Baller
Two possible reasons. Too little tip or too much tip. The standard issue/solution will say reduce tip but if your offside turn is not finishing (not enough tip) you'll get the same result because your don't get into a strong pulling position. Based on your fin settings, it looks like you need to reduce tip.

• Baller
@londonskier your numbers are pretty close to Rossi's recommendation, (just a little less tip). My first thought is to try more tip in an effort to get the ski to turn your offside better and cross the wake with a stronger edge. Try increasing length to 6.875-6.880. What line lengths are you running?

• Baller
Small update or FYI, seems to be more of a technique issue, where I was not bringing my extension back to my hip, whereas if I deliberately move the handle from extended to closed I get awesome angle from wide without a ton of load (much like a good gate) this gives me way more time to get right for the wakes. The ski seems to really respond to just that one move. Never noticed it til now.