How to Fix a Handle Pop

webbdawg99

• Baller

PlastiDip?

Sorry, seriously that's a ding! It looks like just the side edge. Fill the damage with JB Weld (not JB Quik) trying to keep as much of the chipped area intact and placed properly. Get a bar clamp big enough to span the whole ski. Wrap a piece of wood with visqueen and clamp the wood to the edge. This will keep everything straight and bonded well. If there is damage to the top skin, you'll need another clamp to hold the top skin down. Leave it overnight to cure. Trim carefully with a matte knife before you finish sand. If you need to trim a lot with coarse sandpaper be sure to wrap the paper around a wooden block to follow the original lines. A little black spray paint and it's good as new.

Good luck,

Eric

• Baller

Is that inside of of your onside or offside turn? Just kidding, but had you thinking for a second...

I've had some success with Krazy Glue when trying to get something like that to bond back together. Doesn't take up as much space as JB. Fill in remaining gaps with JB lightly sand flush and magic marker to match paint.

• Baller_

If it is not structural this stiff works great and will not require any sanding. And will not cure till it is placed in the sun. I've done extensive work with it on a surf board and have successfully done a couple skies with that exact hit. Nice part is that is matches the bevels perfectly. Dries clear so may need to paint it or something. And you can ski it same day. Sorry about it being a long vid but well worth a watch.

• Baller
2 part epoxy by JB weld (clear or black). It is very high strength and bonds very well. You can sand it to a good shine. With some patience and practice you can make it almost unnoticeable. I know, I have had to do it to every ski I have ever owned.

• Baller

@webbdawg99 SEM Classic Coat spay is designed to paint vinil and leather surfaces, it holds well and it does not chip. You can repair a worn leather steering wheel or a bumper or you can spray the bottom of your ski.

It is also used by a ski company to finish the bottom of their skis and in some models the top too.

I have done many repairs on ski dings and on the leather of my classic Mini Cooper.