Video, Day 2 in course, pick em apart

gt2003

• Baller

Went back to Hackett yesterday to get in the course one more time before heading to Texas. I had him slow the boat down to 26mph at 15 off. I tried to focus on keeping my arms close to my vest to get my hips up since my tendency is to drop my butt. He had me start on 1 ball side instead of worrying about the gates. I ski'd the mini-course to get the rhythm of things. It felt quite a bit better. I still get absolutely no cross course angle after the ball but I felt better after day 2. Here's a couple of videos, pick em apart.

• Baller

Basically, stand up taller and stand more on top of the ski with your hips above your front foot.

Take a run at 30 mph w/o buoys and work on that position.

I see you rearing back against the boat. This puts your weight on your back foot and lifts the front half of the ski out of the water. This means everything is half as efficient and takes twice the effort. Instead of rearing back, think edge away from the boat. You want to dig the edge of the ski in to gain leverage. All this still needs to be with you staying tall in stance.

• Baller
Thanks @ToddL and @Chef23 . Taller and Stacked/Taller articles read. I'm going down there with an open mind and will do my best to absorb the coaching I receive. Here's to hoping a body position change is at least in the works.

• Baller

Check out the DFW ski school thread. There is a day 2 pic of my body position. He made some very significance angels in body position over our 2 day stay. Lots of muscle memory to reprogram!

There's a pic of the gf too. Alan had her up on slalom on the 3rd try!