2015 Centurion BallOfSpray Cash Prize

Horton

• Baller
Thank you so much @Horton and everyone who helped with this event. I had a great time. Next one I'll be able to spend the whole time with you guys. I hate that I missed so much of the non-skiing. Well, my skiing was part of the non-skiing, but I'm glad I could give you guys out there a break. A short break. I'm ready for the next one

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_

Great weekend. Wonderful to put faces with BOS names. Mind blowing performances. Wind was not helpful but the skiers that took it to the wind were spectacular. Will be back...

Much thanks to @usaski1 for putting me up for the weekend and taxiing me around and getting me familiar with the site. By the way. Did anybody no that he holds not 1 but 2 world records. How many skiers can say that.

• Baller
We need to stop talking this up so much or all the Ballers who weren't there will want to come to the next one and take our entry spots! Seriously good fun to ski qualifying rounds and second day rounds based on qualifying. It gave me my first taste of what Big Dawg and pro skiers go through every tournament.

• Baller

Oh yes, this was really fun! I think we've crossed the line from "this might become a thing" to "this is a thing!" Also, I've never won any $$ in a tourney before, so that's a new one! super cool! Regionals, Nationals ,and BOS cash prize! Those are the "must ski" tournyes now! I big time thought I was going to take home no $$$, I was wrong! Sweet!

• Baller

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Aquaplex was thrilled to host this event and hope everyone wants to come back. We enjoy supporting any event that is fun and helps grow the sport. I believe this format provided both. Thanks to @Horton for making this possible and trying something new.

Thanks to HO for having the demo day, which I think added to the atmosphere and gave people the chance to try their new ski. This seemed to be a huge addition to the excitement for the weekend. My gut is there will be a ton of people riding the VTR to PB's. I also thought it was really cool of Wakeye to throw in some units as part of their sponsorship and liked the way John awarded them.

Enjoyed the group stopping for a beer after the event and appreciated everyone adhering to my you can have any beer in the fridge except for the Yuengling I smuggled into Texas rule. Hopefully see everyone and more next year.

• Baller
@Razorskier1 I'm back on it already. Was good to take a few days break from it though. Don't worry about the beer either. There can never be too much. You guys only saw the one beer fridge. There is another one that's is still full. Everyone just had to head to the airport before we got to it. Always have a back up is my rule.

• Baller
Super fun weekend. Really cool format getting to ski against the MM dudes buoy for buoy. Kim, Marc and the entire Aquaplex community stepped up as usual and made the event one to remember. Congrats to Fennell on his win in the handicap bracket and Willy in the H2H. Really nice to meet all the Ballers and see such passion and on water talent. Horton, you killed it bud.

• Baller_

Think it was a good idea for Centurian to sponsor this. There was buzz on the shore of the proformance and the looks of these boats.

Jay Leach's rig was gorgeous. And if anyone wants to steal it from him he is selling it at a killer and I mean killer price IMHO. If I was lookn..I'd be buying.

rwdnc3c8n9nl.jpg

• Baller

I had a great time. Enjoyed meeting alot of interesting people and fellow slalom nuts.

Makes me feels more normal, LOL.

Huge bonuses: skied a set with Will, was in the $, and a got a Wakeye!

Big Thanks to the Aquaplex crew, HO, Centurion, Wakeye, and last but not least...The Horton.

• Baller
First thoughts about the BOS cash dual-The Austins and aqua plex are first class all the way, execellent tournament host's. I could see this format expand for next year into several venues (east, central, west). I can't describe how much fun it is to have so many different skiers with various levels of ability giving it their all. Everyone who skied gave it their all and truly loves the sport. This is for sure an event for the whole family. The sudden death handicap round on Sunday kept everyone into the action. Centurion should definitely making this a series for the 2016 season, by far the most fun energetic event I have attended. I will be back for more. Big thanks to everyone involved one every level. I wish I had a pic of JTH's face handing the Canadian his check, "Priceless"

• Baller_
@skidawg I have to say going up against you was a little unnerving. Then add 15+ head tail with water droplet bullets to the eyes and speed bump chop. That all went away when you dropped next to me at the other end and uttered something about a proctology exam being more fun. Pretty sure laughing while rounding buoys wasn't the best plan of attack but the nerves sure were gone.

• Baller
@Wish - H2H is nerve racking regardless of who you draw, I was 1 bobble away from an early fall-that was the hardest tailwind 35 I have ever run in my life. I enjoyed the competition. Hopefully next time the wind will cooperate so we all have a better chance to excel.

• Baller
@Beastmode This is Texas although the wind was nothing like it was Sunday in July. We had some wind, but I don't remember anyone's scores being down. Neveu ran 39 all 4 rounds and tied his pb with a 3@41 and there were a bunch of other pbs. Careful how you say that stuff. You will run down our property values. :smiley: Huge wind and Chop? Not so accurate.

@Mad11- my comment was only a reference to How great the top skiers can ski in any conditions.

Aquaplex is one of the top Skiing sites in our community! Sorry if I miss spoke about being a pass short, because there were many great scores in July.

@Skiier2788-I was relating to the several post before mine about the Tail wind and relating how the Top pros skied the same conditions and run it any.

Sorry if I offended anyone.