Zero off setting closest to PP

fpjl

• Baller

PP Classic with the switch gives a rapid and significant hit as soon as the skier loads the rope - ZO C3 has a similar response. That is also a similar feel to the best old time hand drivers who really worked the throttle with the skier.

PP without a switch reacts when the RPMs show a drop which is a fairly slow and delayed response - ZO A1 comes closest. Like the lazy hand drivers who set a speed and didn't do too much but would still end up right on time.

I'm not sure anything compares to Stargazer calculating that it is a bit slow at 4 ball and hammering you at the end of the course.

I haven't skied a properly set up ZBox.

ZO does hit hard enough to always get perfect times. Perhaps the lack of any tolerance is the hardest thing to adapt to with ZO.

I personally use C3 (C2* feels similar) but I've had some good rides at A1 as well. B2 has never felt right for me. I start my beginners or new to ZO at A1. But a lot of the people who ski with me end up at C3. You just need some time to adjust and you'll figure out what you like the best.

Eric

• Supporting Member

I roughly agree with Eric, but in general there really is no such thing as a ZO setting that "feels like perfect pass" because it all depends on how you ski and what that causes each control system to do in response.

There's no real substitute for trying them.

That said, they aren't THAT different from each other. You could just pick something and then adapt yourself to it.

• Baller_
My ski buddy had a 1999 Malibu with PerfectPass 6.0xy. With the Kx set to 80 and Px at 15, we had no problem transitioning between that boat and a ZO setting of C2 or C3.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
I tried using the B2 recommendation on the Centurion Carbon Pro and was getting my butt kicked. Just cutting out for the gate felt like the driver gave it full throttle and I couldn't ever get any angle. As I leaned over, the boat yanked me back up every time. We set the ZO to A1 and it felt normal.