Hot Summer Nights

Tdub

Not only would I love to see that show return, here in northern Ohio I would like to see some actual hot summer nights again. We have not had one of those evenings this summer when you have to quit skiing because you cannot see the buoys. And the water is so warm you don't want to get out. Come on Mother Nature, get your act together. I'm sure you agree @AB and @AJskier.

• Baller
Warm enough in Nor Cal but every time I go ski the wind is up at least 12mph and gusting . Couple weeks ago it was so bad Bimini flew off. Its like the minute I decide I'm going skiing the wind picks up !

• Baller_

I posted that video on YouTube. It is from Lansing, Michigan and the tournament was at a private lake that previously had a ski school. I took my first lesson there and ran the course for the first time around 1991. The tournament broadcast was 1990.

It was a windy day that day. Tough conditions. Check out the other video from that day with Bob, Kris, Lucky, and Mike Kjellander.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

I skied with Kjellander at a seminar once. Remember his slam dunk offside turns? Nice guy. I was also at that Lansing site to watch a pro tournament. 1990 sounds about right. Remember Kim Laskoff?

• Baller
Water was up to almost 80 last weekend, then all week rain, wind, or both, so we went out Friday night and water was back down to 75. Freaking rain all day yesterday and again today.. Is this Mother Natures way of replenishing the mosquito stock?

• Baller
Yeah, Mid July and last night was hoping to ski but with a stiff north wind and 57 degrees just couldn't get psyched, at least I got my course in 4 days ago, water level almost down to normal. Of course days are getting shorter now, 44 this am( weather channel had us at 39) and supposed to be in low 40's tonight, so much for the water getting warmer. I know, just shut up and ski.

• Baller

I have a box full of VCR tapes of "Hot Summer Nights" and a few World Championships and Masters from that era. Need to get them converted to something more modern.

Kind of sad to see the exposure that was there, and now isn't... The only positive is a web casts give you hours of viewing instead of a pass and a half!

• Baller
  • Baller
So, nice video and shots of Mike Kjellander, but none of his sister Helena, who was also on the pro tour. One of my ski partners at the time was at McCormick's and she was coaching. I think the only thing he remembered from his time at ski school was that after she took a set, she wanted to get into dry clothes, so she simply stood up in the stern of the boat, took off her swimsuit and casually asked him to pass her clothes to her. He LOVED to tell that story...