Perfect Pass Install Help--Monsoon II

WBLskier

• Baller

I installed perfect pass on my Monsoon II (Malibu) and I am wondering if others have successfully set PP up on that same engine. This is the one with the throttle in the channel between the block and the fuel rails. It requires a special bracket from PP which I have and have installed.

It is all installed, and everything seems to be working properly. My throttle seems much stiffer than it was in the past. The black PP cable slightly rubs against the fuel rail because of the length of the PP cable (which I'm told by PP is the right one) but really causes no friction. It sounds like there is a bit of a metal on metal sound when the throttle goes in and out though it may have always done that and I just never noticed.

I do not have an external throttle return spring added yet. Does anyone with this engine have any install/set up tips for me? Thanks.

I have some pictures but don't know how to post them here.

• Baller
Is the little brass piece allowed to swivel? If you cranked it down, it will make it more difficult. I have the Monsoon engine in my 2000 RLX and all the linkages fit between the throttle body, fuel rail, and the plastic shroud below the spark arrestor.

• Baller_
@WBLskier: You can easily make your own cable, parts can be sourced from a good bike shop. I did that for my application to get the servo to a location I preferred. Throttle return spring is a key component in how well the system controls itself, go with extra tension rather than less.