Tour De France

ALPJr

• Baller
This years TV coverage on NBC Sports is one of the best I can remember in the 30 odd years I've been watching the Tour. Back in 96, 97 there was a great ski/bike tourney in NJ / NY called the Ironman which was round 1 of slalom at John's Lake, then a 20 mile bike ride to Twin Lakes for round 2 of slalom. Somebody please bring that back !

• Baller

Fun Tour. Sagan is incredible. Seriously rooting for TJ.

Interesting how the French media is speculating about Froome and Sky being too good but silent about the idiot Frenchman who crashed out two yellow jerseys and nearly killed Sky's number two guy today. Whatever controversy gets press.

Eric

It has been a slow tour for good press stories, they are scraping with only a few days till Paris. I think we will see Quintana and Contador attack this week, possibly tomorrow on the first day in the high Alps.

• Baller_

Tour is always fun to watch, that was quite the NASCAR Bristol move by the French cyclist, a total fail as a slide job...but he kept himself upright, 4 wheels better than 2 as they say. NBCSN has sure grabbed the motorsports / TDF events from the rest of the networks. Glad they are investing in good air talent to support the broadcasts.

@eleeski: not surprising at all by the French media, it is par for the course and if the situation reversed (French guy "bumped" off), it would have been the end of the world by the press! LOL.

• Baller

I agree, the NBC SN coverage is simply awesome. Froome and Team Sky are just the best in the business. They're like machines. He got his lead and now they're just maintaining. He does just what he needs to do to keep the other GC contenders in check. I think when Contador or Quintana attack, he'll be right there with them to keep them down.

And for what it's worth......... Tinkoff is stupid for not backing Sagan for GC. He's turning into an all around beast. Had he not been working for Contador in week one, he'd be right there in the top 5 right now.

I think it has been a great tour with Froome not having a 5 minute lead if anything goes arye it could get close, although he is looking really strong and team Sky is a machine. July is my favorite month. And Sagan is a true racer for the ages reminding me of Jaja Jalabert during his Green jersey wins. I would like to see Tejay hold onto a podium spot though.

• Baller
Very big deal. Everyone who is someone in Cycling will be there. The road course is a big circuitous loop through the middle of Richmond and the Elite Men will be doing 16 laps of it. A 160 mile race on a bike separates the men from the boys, for sure.

• Baller
Whenever one rider/team proves himself/themselves as the best at the time trial and the strongest in the mountains I begin to wonder. And when that same rider/team never has a bad day, I wonder more. Interestingly, I'm not really caught up in the anti-doping movement. I just bum out when it's apparent that one team seems to have better drugs than the rest.