Goggles?

scottd1326

I wear contact lenses while skiing that readily absorb water. So much so that one drop of water in my eyes lasts for several seconds and makes it appear as if I'm looking through a magnifying glass. Makes it very tough to see the buoys until things are clear. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a favorite set of goggles or glasses that might alleviate this problem, and if so, what type? I've tried swim goggles, but they distort my vision so much as to be worthless. Thanks for any help.

• Baller_
Walmart $6 polerozed sports shades by Berkly (yes the fishing company). Found by fishing gear. Walmart also has stretchy rubber tubing (bunch of neion colors making it easy to find) spacifically for sunglasses. Just have to cut it in half for better fit. Done..total $7. I've only lost 1 pair in 5yrs

• Baller
I use bombers just put them on no strap. Have only lost one pair in about five years. Like Horton said at $13 a pair not a problem. I have a couple different colors depending on sun situation

• Baller

I typically wear either my Optic Nerve ski sunglasses ($60) with croakies, or some $20 ACS polarized safety glass sunglasses from home depot. Both have good optics - I'm not going to put bring along a good pair and a crap pair for skiing. Lost one set of the Optic Nerves this year because I was going up on 2 with my little niece , forgot the croakies and grabbed her instead of the glasses when we went down. Sunglasses are the cheapest part of this sport, so I don't worry about them too much.