Decent bindings of combo skies

Cumby85

• Baller
I bought a Radar combo pair of skis this year for my son to learn on and for guests that go out with us. The bindings are terrible! Im sure they haven't been used a dozen times yet and the heel cup has already torn away from the mount. The rubber is so soft I can't see them lasting much longer. I have a cypress gardens ski from the 70s that still has its binding intact!!! Anyways, I'm trying to figure out a decent cheap fix for them. I tough about putting some rubber plates on them but not sure I want to put that much money into them, plus I really need an adjustable pair for guests. Im looking for suggestions on an economical fix. Anyone had good success with another brands of adjustable bindings?

• Baller

I don't think I've ever seen the Helix sold separately. Best off just getting a new pair of combos with the bindings you want, likely cheaper than just buying bindings anyways. Combo skis and their bindings typically don't have standard hole patterns.

• Baller
Yeah, I think there are some better combo sets out there. Still, I just bought these and should be able to find something that will work. Not worried about preset holes. Just plan to patch and drill where needed just like you had to do in the old days :) I still have my EP jumpers where we drilled straight into the ski to mount the bindings.