Show us your tug

Horton

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_
@6balls and here all this time I thought you had the low slung Cent BF Worrier. I like yours better. Great colors and a bit more big water friendly. I'd never sell that if it was mine. Did that model have a shorter production run then the Worrier? Seems the Falcon BF is more rare and hardly seen in the wild.

• Baller

@wish my Father bought an '88 Centurion Barefoot Warrior. Boat was great but cramped cockpit and gas tank under nose was tough for ski storage.

He sold the Warrior to @razorskier1 and bought the Falcon Barefoot in '91. Very versatile. Tons of passenger room, tons of storage behind rear seat and under nose. I asked Centurion once upon a time and they built something like 50 of 'em...so yes rare.

Dad would hand drive and hand time and was remarkably accurate. Scored same behind it in practice as I did behind inboards in tourneys. She's in amazing condition.

Here's another pic...on vacation shot of the Falcon with me driving from the Warrior with Jim driving.kwndocyt603y.jpg

• Baller
@6balls a big block 3.1 litre Ox66 Yamaha on that! I notice in the photos you used to have a small block (2.6l 225) on it. Much difference in the wake when you changed engines? Difference in handling, performance? @Razorskier1 the Warrior would have been cool too. An even smaller boat with a big block outboard!

• Baller

@ozski the 196 was mint in 2010 when I picked her up with indicated 82 hours at $17K. I know the guages suck and could have been an aberration but condition backed it up as did dry rudder packing and some fuses that suggested very little use. I LOVE your 196...awesome pick up.

@GregHind the Warrior had a 200 carb Yamaha and after Jim bought it he put the 3.1 EFI on there an it became INSANE! My father drove it and also made the switch in '97 on the Falcon from small block 225...became insane as well...as if you added 50 hp. They are like muscle cars. No change in wake on motor switch, but huge change in being surprised if you stuff it out of the hole that the motor doesn't just split the boat in half and go busting out the front. The 3.1 VMAX is a torque monster and just rips to redline. With a 19 pitch I pick off 60 in about 5 seconds. With a 26 I run mid 70's. We pulled six, 200 lb dudes from hole shot to footing at 42 mph with Jim's Warrior with 2 in the boat. I was at Jim's when he sold the Warrior to some worthy bare footers...I stayed in the back yard as they drove her away I couldn't watch it happen.

• Baller
@wish I didn't think so in pics but the hull was the bomb and the price was right. I figured very newspaper boat. She looks better in person...the black letters are raised with a flake border and I typically don't like the N swoop but the design here minimizes it.

• Baller

@Wish not mine, but my dream TSC1 boat. For sale in NY for about 24k . Pretty high for me, considering the only reason I'd buy is because it's pretty. The best looking N I've ever seen. I love @6balls N boat. Gotta say it's my number 2. I'm just a sucker for a pretty blue boat. And I'd take the monkey bars off.

qrgunzim57sb.jpeg

• Baller
@orlando76 interior mostly white. Black push button dash with carbon fiber inset for guages, carbon fiber around throttle trim,throttle ball, and a trim piece of carbon low right that has water temp guage. Grey carpet, black nautique logos. It's basically a black and white boat throughout.

• Baller
@wish -- haven't seen her since -- fella in Illinois bought it. He did send me a video the first summer he owned it of him and his family barefooting on the boom. It was tough to sell. I think I sold in in 2004. That was 5 years after I bought the Gekko GTR22. The Warrior was in storage, and I typically brought it out once a summer and ran it just because it was so cool and it was insanely fun to drive. I had new carpet and an all new upholstery in it in the late 90s, so it was beautiful inside and out. Just seemed a waste to not use it.