Do you keep your neoprene shirt on between sets?

TallSkinnyGuy

• Baller

I love my Camaro heater shirt and it feels great when skiing with it on. It is a little difficult to get on when dry but very difficult to put on when wet. I haven't yet figured out the best system when skiing multiple sets on cool mornings. If I take the heater shirt off after my first set I can warm up nicely between sets with my fleece hoodie on. But then it is a pain to get the wet heater shirt back on for my second set. If I keep the heater shirt on I get quite cold between sets. I've tried putting a thick fleece hoodie over the wet heater shirt and that hasn't helped. Keeping the wet heater shirt on while riding in the boat between sets just makes me cold.

What do you guys do? Any better ideas than what I've tried?

• Baller

If they only still made a good Warm N Fuzzy top..... Drytop with fleece inside. Was and is awesome to ski in.

I still have one XXL new in the bag, which I would sell for some ridiculously high price, as I am rotating use of two others I bought when they were shutting down.

• Baller

Two of everything is a good idea until you get to your 3rd set.

I usually go back to the dock and change into dry clothes. If I stay in the boat, I'll take the camaro top off, dry off as much as possible and put on a dry shirt/sweatshirt/jacket (depending upon the temperature).

• Baller

Wait, I thought Camaro was so awesome that you stayed dry inside! (Sort of just joking with that comment, but honestly, my Camaro shorty stays mostly dry inside.)

I just keep in on. If there is really cold air, I add something over it like others have said.

If the sun is out on those cold days, the sun can make the Blacktec really heat up where I end up pealing the top of the shorty off due to getting too hot.

Full Disclosure - I ski in TX so "cold" and "hot" may be defined a little differently... (Cold air/water: anything below 65 F, Hot air: anything over 100 F, Hot water: anything over 90 F)

• Baller
I guess I do not see the reason for taking off a heater shirt in the first place , I live in Atlantic Canada we ski alot of mornings at very cool temps. The water that remains in your wetsuit/heater should remain at body temp at the very least . I see no benefit to taking it off between sets , in fact the benefit of leaving it on SHOULD in theory be better.

• Baller

For spring/fall skiing in between sets i use neoprene hoodie like this one

http://www.npsurf.com/images/stories/tops/neo_jacket/mu_d896/mu_d896_c0_f.jpg

alt="" />

Have one size up and put it with the west on.

It is really warm and keeps all your energy.

In fact it allows one set more than without it

• Baller

For me, if the water is cold enough to need the heater top, the air has gotten pretty chilly too so I put the heater top on before getting in the boat and leave it on until I get out of the boat at the end of everyone's sets.

@A_B maybe you can find one of those fleece lined tops at a kayaking store. I remember people wore those all the time but that was a while ago so not positive they still exist.

• Baller

Both the Warm N Fuzzy and Ronny dry tops are out of business.

I bought 3 or 4 Ronny tops on close out for like $40 each. Tucked into neoprene shorts, they are perfect until the water gets really cold, and then I usually hang the buoys up in the shed.

I looked at and ordered a kayak top once, but it was very bulky and stiff. So I sent it back.

• Baller
IL here. What ever I put on (heater, longsuit, drysuit) I leave on till done skiing. Fortunately this morning we were the only boat out and I had a driver who doesnt ski. Had my heater top on and never got out of the water till I was done with my 11 passes. Took about half hour.

• Baller
Agree with @skibrain I use a cheap jacket as an added layer on top of everything. Leave my Ultra Vest on. Have a wool ski hat and gloves to stay warm in between sets. Once I get chilled, I no longer recover like I use to, and the next set will usually stink.