Trick Ski Binding

ThomasAlive

Hey Guys,

My wife just recently got into tricking and has gotten pretty good and has decided to stick with it. She's been using an old ski which is in really good shape but the bindings are a bit too big. Any recommendations you can offer on bindings would be a great help. Not sure if the latest bindings will fit easily on her ski or if we'll have to drill some holes.

2pbj7h4bnzto.jpg

• Baller

Realistically, she will progress fastest with a new ski (like a Quantum, D3 hardedge, Goode) which will also fit the modern hardshells. Reflex and FM are most common performance hardshells.

If you stick with the old Duvall, don't worry about drilling new holes.

Coaching is very useful. Time on the water is critical. Enjoyment mandatory!

Eric

• Administrators

@ThomasAlive

That Duvall is basically a KIDDER. Unless it is beat up is say it is pretty good for a starter ski.

Any firm rubber bindings will work if you don't want to move to hardshells. Wileys or D3 (Custom/ Leverage) are better than what I had when I was tricking a lot.

• Baller_

It's simply that a hard shell provides much better connection to the ski than a rubber binding. That better connection allows faster improvement.

A secondary benefit is for comfort. Once someone gets serious about tricking, 30 minute sets aren't unusual. One definition of torture is keeping a tight fitting rubber binding on for half an hour.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding