Shipping International via USPS

Rico226

Hello, first time shipping some bindings internationally from USA to UK via USPS, do I have to get a forwarder or is it possible to ship without a license ? Thought it would just be filling out the customs form in addition to paying postage. Thanks for any advice on cheapest alternative to resolve.

• Baller
Not sure about UK, but probably it is everywhere the same - if value of shipment is within customs limit you just get parcel from office. If value exceeds limit you pay import duty in office. Anyway carrier deals with customs on your behalf.

• Baller
I owned a business. We shipped all over the world. I even overnighted about 80lbs of auto parts to sweden on time via FedEx. I'd say Usps is the easiest to deal with. Its all pretty easy though. Canadian customers were always asking me to say the items were gifts so they didn't have to pay import taxes. There are some forms the shipper will have to fill out. We did a lot of them online through UPS'S or whoevers website.

• Baller
USPS gets around the import tax somehow. I can understand when the Canadians ask for USPS for that very reason. I got some snow ski boots shipped a couple months ago from someone in Canada and paid almost 10% extra because of it. Really cuts into the deal that you thought you got....